Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Formula Fed Babies-Nighttime Feedings

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:13 am
As someone new to formula feeding, I was wondering if anyone had tips for preparing the middle of the night bottles or if there's no way to avoid the stumbling out of bed to go prepare the bottle...

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:24 am
Theres a bottle that has formula and water in 2 separate compartments and you just press a button and the formula goes whoops in the bottle and its made. you just have to shake it up

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:29 am
I kept a bottle with the right amount of water and a bottle with formula next to my bed. Pour water into formula and shake. My kid took her bottles room temp, but you could do warm water If you needed I guess

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:31 am
Prepare the bottle with water. You can buy little formula containers that you fill with the prepared amount of formula and all you have to do is pour into bottle and shake up.
Tommee Tippee Baby Milk Powder... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004.....share

Teomima

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:36 am
I never bothered warming the bottles after my first. When they were younger and I needed to pre-boil the water, I'd do that and put the necessary amount in each bottle, then keep the bottles in the baby's room along with one of those travel containers for pre-measured servings of formula powder. Then it's just a matter of dumping in the serving of powder into the already-filled bottle, shake, and feed.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:13 am
I have a thermos with hot water, a bottle with formula inside and a room temperature water bottle next to my bed. I mix it all together takes a second. I give my baby only warm bottles. I feel why if mothers milk is warm why shouldn’t my baby have warm formula .

4g01o

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:26 am
I had a tommee tippee flask that I filled up with boiling water before I went to bed, the bottles were ready with some cool boiled water, so I just had to add a bit of hot to get it warm...

For the formula, I pre measured the scoops in the sectioned formula container and had it all by my bed, so no going out of bed, or measuring in the night.

DVOM

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:41 am
My husband brings me the baby and prepared middle of the night bottles Cool

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:58 am
DVOM wrote:
My husband brings me the baby and prepared middle of the night bottles Cool

You both get up for every feed? (My husband and I alternate feeds so hopefully we can each get a longer stretch)

4g01o

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:01 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
I have a thermos with hot water, a bottle with formula inside and a room temperature water bottle next to my bed. I mix it all together takes a second. I give my baby only warm bottles. I feel why if mothers milk is warm why shouldn’t my baby have warm formula .

Yes plus the formula mixes up and dissolves better in warm water.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:09 am
Can you try to get your baby into some kind of routine. I feed mine around 7 then she goes to sleep, she eats again around 10 or 11 before I go to sleep, then she usually doesn't need to eat until 4 or 5am and I just wake up with her. Like this when she needs to eat in the morning I can go down to the kitchen. After that feed she goes back to sleep until she wakes up a few hours later, but I just stay awake.

I don't mind being up at 4am but if I did I'd try to push the feed a little later. It is very hard to get 4-6 month olds into a schedule though, especially if they reject it. With a younger or older baby it's easier.

DVOM

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:39 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
You both get up for every feed? (My husband and I alternate feeds so hopefully we can each get a longer stretch)

My husband is a high energy person who doesn't sleep much, maybe 5 hours a night (Hooray for well managed adult ADHD! Best husband ever!).

I love doing the night feedings (there's something so special about them, no?), but I don't love getting out of bed. So he delivers the baby and bottle, puts the baby back in when I'm done. I'm always very scheduled with baby feedings, so there's usually a 12, 3, and 6 feeding, and then around 3-4 months we drop the 3 o clock feeding and it's just a 12 and 6 feeding. My husband is up for those anyway. He says that when he is sleeping, he totally doesn't mind getting up to give me the baby and the bottle. He kinda does it in his sleep. He's always back to deep sleeping seconds after he drops them in my lap.

So yup, we both get up for all feedings. It works for us!

DVOM

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:42 am
DVOM wrote:
My husband is a high energy person who doesn't sleep much, maybe 5 hours a night (Hooray for well managed adult ADHD! Best husband ever!).

I love doing the night feedings (there's something so special about them, no?), but I don't love getting out of bed. So he delivers the baby and bottle, puts the baby back in when I'm done. I'm always very scheduled with baby feedings, so there's usually a 12, 3, and 6 feeding, and then around 3-4 months we drop the 3 o clock feeding and it's just a 12 and 6 feeding. (By 6-8 months, my baby's are generally giving a consistant 7 hour nighttime sleep, sometimes more.) My husband at 12 and 6 for those anyway.

He says that when he is sleeping, he totally doesn't mind getting up to give me the baby and the bottle. He kinda does it in his sleep. He's always back to deep sleeping seconds after he drops them in my lap.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:47 am
DVOM wrote:

I love doing the night feedings (there's something so special about them, no?), but I don't love getting out of bed. So he delivers the baby and bottle, puts the baby back in when I'm done. I'm always very scheduled with baby feedings, so there's usually a 12, 3, and 6 feeding, and then around 3-4 months we drop the 3 o clock feeding and it's just a 12 and 6 feeding. My husband is up for those anyway. He says that when he is sleeping, he totally doesn't mind getting up to give me the baby and the bottle. He kinda does it in his sleep. He's always back to deep sleeping seconds after he drops them in my lap.

Wow! Sounds like a well oiled machine over there! Good for you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:54 am
Thank you all so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics