Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you wear shaping garments under you clothing?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:44 am
Daily or just for Shabbos/events?
I haven’t in a long time and thinking of getting back into it. Anyone have a shaping (ie stomach flattening ) product they recommend? Can you also say if it’s good for daily wear?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:52 am
Only under one or two outfits that it makes a big change to, so I'll only wear these outfits to events. Not just on the regular.

s c

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:15 am
Only for shabbos and simchas if the dress needs it. Never everyday They are all synthetic material I find them so hot in summer.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:18 am
Never

amother
White

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:40 am
I used to and then it started causing extreme stomach pain and bloating. I don't touch them.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:47 am
Looking for recommendation for good shapewear to smooth out things for under a gown.. stomach and hip area. Also prefer something that will definitely not fall down since it can't be adjusted under a gown.
what brands do people like ?

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:49 am
Get one that is bathing suit style with straps over the shoulder so it won’t fall

scruffy

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:53 am
For a party dress or gown, sometimes yes.

Otherwise not although I wear control top tights daily.

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Looking for recommendation for good shapewear to smooth out things for under a gown.. stomach and hip area. Also prefer something that will definitely not fall down since it can't be adjusted under a gown.
what brands do people like ?

I love my spanx. I use a slip dress, so I can easily go to the bathroom (the ones with shorts attached are nightmares for me). It smooths everything out and after getting used to the tight feeling (20 min?) it’s actually pretty comfortable. Doesn’t ride up either, the bottom is a rubbery type of material so it stays put

This is the one I wear-
https://www.spanx.com/shapewea.....-full

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:03 am
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I love my spanx. I use a slip dress, so I can easily go to the bathroom (the ones with shorts attached are nightmares for me). It smooths everything out and after getting used to the tight feeling (20 min?) it’s actually pretty comfortable. Doesn’t ride up either, the bottom is a rubbery type of material so it stays put

This is the one I wear-
https://www.spanx.com/shapewea.....-full

Wow.. how do you sit and walk in that?

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:15 am
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
Wow.. how do you sit and walk in that?

It stretches and moves with your body. After the initial feeling of restriction that feeling goes away and you honestly forget you are wearing it. I can run, jog whatever in it and wouldn’t notice. The only time I notice is when I’m climbing over our baby gate and it’s a little harder lol

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:40 am
With this seasons very loose and unstructured dresses, I find it makes a big difference, and makes them look much better. The problem is that a layer of thick tight fabric next to your skin is hot, especially in Israeli summers. I buy them with straps so they don't fall down, and I actually quite enjoy the sensation of compression, but the climate is a real.problem. I try to limit it to the evenings or where I can count on good air conditioning and minimal outside time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics