Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Cybex mios

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 2:42 pm
Hi,
Anyone have this stroller? What do you think of it?
I'm a short person so the adjustable handlebar is appealing, but I haven't seen it much in real life. I hate feeling "dwarfed" by my strollers.
One of the other options I'm considering is the Babyzen yoyo but my baby is still young and I feel like the no-footrest makes her kind of uncomfortable. I need her to be comfortable, or I'll end up just holding her with one hand and pushing the stroller with the other.

Aside from that... Any ideas of where the cheapest place is to get the mios? Taking into account any possible discounts plus if possible to get it somewhere that I don't need to pay tax, and free shipping? I don't live in the NY or NJ area.

TIA!!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 9:55 pm
Anyone? Does no one have it in real life?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 10:10 pm
I don’t have it and don’t know anyone who does. I’ve looked into it because someone I follow on Instagram has it (not a product placement because I had to actually figure out myself which stroller it was). Reviews are mixed.

I decided to go with the Baby Jogger city tour lux for now, mainly because the seat can face either forward facing or mommy facing, it has a near flat recline and adjustable foot rest, a large canopy with magnet peekaboo window and a generous basket. Plus, not very expensive. The design is black and simple, not fancy like the mios, the Babyzen yo-yo or the uppababy minu.

Strolleria is an online store that ships free and no sales tax.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 2:38 am
Thanks Another Puce.

Do you remember the gist of what people didn't like about it in the reviews you read? All the reviews I can come up with seem to be positive, but it's not very many.

I did just see the Baby Jogger Tour Lux... I can't remember why I didn't like it.. Maybe the handlebar was high? Maybe it folded really big? or maybe my baby just didn't seem that comfortable to me... (She seems to prefer the bucket-style seats.)

I wanted to like it... As you said, it's a lot cheaper. And tried and true. I'm not out to make a statement.

If I was a taller/bigger person, and my baby seemed comfortable in it, I'd probably go with the Minu... That fold is so smooth. I heard they'll be coming out with a bassinet in the future, and Uppababy quality is good and customer service is great, so I'd feel confident the stroller would be useful for a while.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 3:54 pm
So just an update, I went to a local baby store... and walked out with the Baby Jogger City Tour Lux... (not because of this thread, it was indeed the closest thing to what I wanted that sales associate could recommend)...

...and had immediate buyers' regret. Like, as I was paying. As I was driving home. I was just kind of embarrassed to back out at the last minute and appear so indecisive. (When in fact, I guess maybe I'm picky? On kid #5 ka"h so I know enough to have opinions, unlike most of the customers there who are pregnant with #1?)

Anyway. I find it hard to push, break and unbreak, and just... I don't know. Reminds me of the drudgery aspects of motherhood rather than the parts I love. I feel like going to the park with my kids using this stroller would be hard work rather than me feeling in-control, cool, elegant/stylish, having fun. (I know, some marketer or designer could have a field day with what I'm writing!!!)

One thing it does have over the Mios is the huge basket. You could fit anything you need in there for that day in the park. But... I pretty much need two hands for the hand break, and I just don't LIKE it.

Not to mention that if I buy the bumper bar in addition, which seems to make a big difference for my baby's comfort, it's "only" half the price of the Mios! LOL I know that sounds ridiculous but like it's not THAT cheap for something I don't love.

The only benefit I can think of is that it seems so tough and pragmatic and anyway not beloved that I wouldn't mind beating it up, usually I am very gentle with my strollers and they look like new after a few years.

Okay, anyone who likes to have fun making fun of people who think too hard about their strollers or who is willing to spend a lot of money on a stroller... Have fun!

Anyone who has any insight or advice... I'd love to hear it!

(Babyzen yoyo? Mountain buggy nano? Pocket plus?)

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 4:00 pm
My sister got the Yo-yo. Hers has a bassinet. It’s tiny, but so is the stroller. It’s definitely the most cute and compact one I’ve seen.
Either way, my babies want to look around and are unhappy in a bassinet after 2-3 months.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 4:10 pm
Thanks lymnok!

My baby is already past the bassinet age so if I'd get a yoyo it would be one with a seat.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 5:04 pm
I have it! I'm so excited that you're asking because I LOVE it and love talking about it Very Happy What exactly do you want to know?

EMEN

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 5:13 pm
Did you see if you can get it from BuyBuyBaby.com for 20% off? Somebody told me that you can call in the order and get the discount even if it's officially not included in the 20% off when checking out online.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 7:03 pm
amother wrote:
So just an update, I went to a local baby store... and walked out with the Baby Jogger City Tour Lux... (not because of this thread, it was indeed the closest thing to what I wanted that sales associate could recommend)...

...and had immediate buyers' regret. Like, as I was paying. As I was driving home. I was just kind of embarrassed to back out at the last minute and appear so indecisive. (When in fact, I guess maybe I'm picky? On kid #5 ka"h so I know enough to have opinions, unlike most of the customers there who are pregnant with #1?)

Anyway. I find it hard to push, break and unbreak, and just... I don't know. Reminds me of the drudgery aspects of motherhood rather than the parts I love. I feel like going to the park with my kids using this stroller would be hard work rather than me feeling in-control, cool, elegant/stylish, having fun. (I know, some marketer or designer could have a field day with what I'm writing!!!)

One thing it does have over the Mios is the huge basket. You could fit anything you need in there for that day in the park. But... I pretty much need two hands for the hand break, and I just don't LIKE it.

Not to mention that if I buy the bumper bar in addition, which seems to make a big difference for my baby's comfort, it's "only" half the price of the Mios! LOL I know that sounds ridiculous but like it's not THAT cheap for something I don't love.

The only benefit I can think of is that it seems so tough and pragmatic and anyway not beloved that I wouldn't mind beating it up, usually I am very gentle with my strollers and they look like new after a few years.

Okay, anyone who likes to have fun making fun of people who think too hard about their strollers or who is willing to spend a lot of money on a stroller... Have fun!

Anyone who has any insight or advice... I'd love to hear it!

(Babyzen yoyo? Mountain buggy nano? Pocket plus?)

I totally get where you’re coming from! I only ended up with the City Tour Lux because I stumbled upon it at Babies R Us with 75% off.
I’m used to the push now and don’t mind much anymore. My main stroller is a bugaboo cameleon so I’m used to the break.
It’s not super pretty or fancy necessarily, but it’s very practical (a lot more practical than the MINU).

I am still eyeing the Uppababy MINU and I’m planning to get it anyway. The push, the fold, a roomy seat, the design... it’s all amazing. I’d already seen every YouTube video and read tons of reviews but meeting her in person was perfect, lol. Ther actually was a couple in the store that came for the MINU but left with the city tour lux.

I’m planning to get my MINU at the end of the year or the beginning of next year.
I want to wait to see what updates they bring on the 2019 model. If the updates are worth it, I’ll buy the 2019 mode, if not, I’ll buy the 2018 model with the discount (uppababy has a sale on last years model every year).

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 8:53 am
amother wrote:
I have it! I'm so excited that you're asking because I LOVE it and love talking about it Very Happy What exactly do you want to know?

Oh yay!! Tell me more! Anything, I am all ears. I guess why do you love it? (And is there anything you don't like?)

What do you use it for? Do you use at as a "car stroller" the way I think I'd like to, or...? (Obviously a car stroller is a suburban thing... Wish I lived in a walking city but I don't...) How did you decide to get this one, what were you looking for or what else were you considering...

Are you on the taller or shorter side? Do you find that it has enough storage? Are you able to put stroller hooks to hang things (without the stroller tipping over or looking funny)? Have you used it with carseat and/or bassinet? Please, talk away!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 9:03 am
EMEN wrote:
Did you see if you can get it from BuyBuyBaby.com for 20% off? Somebody told me that you can call in the order and get the discount even if it's officially not included in the 20% off when checking out online.

Oh, interesting. I wonder if that's possible. Thanks. (I know in the past you used to be able to place an order at Bed Bath and Beyond with 20 percent off for a baby item that was excluded from Buy Buy Baby coupon, but they've changed their policy and you can't anymore.)

In any case... Yesterday I returned the Baby Jogger City Tour Lux that I bought the day before. Feeling really grateful that they took it back, despite that they're a small store and they probably could have been well within their rights to not accept my return since I did walk off with a floor model (only because they had no other but still, that just inconvenienced them more! It was a favor of them to let me do that to start with).

Anyway I feel like the right thing at this point is for me to give them my business with whatever I do ultimately buy... even if it costs more.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 9:11 am
amother wrote:
I totally get where you’re coming from! I only ended up with the City Tour Lux because I stumbled upon it at Babies R Us with 75% off.
I’m used to the push now and don’t mind much anymore. My main stroller is a bugaboo cameleon so I’m used to the break.
It’s not super pretty or fancy necessarily, but it’s very practical (a lot more practical than the MINU).

I am still eyeing the Uppababy MINU and I’m planning to get it anyway. The push, the fold, a roomy seat, the design... it’s all amazing. I’d already seen every YouTube video and read tons of reviews but meeting her in person was perfect, lol. Ther actually was a couple in the store that came for the MINU but left with the city tour lux.

I’m planning to get my MINU at the end of the year or the beginning of next year.
I want to wait to see what updates they bring on the 2019 model. If the updates are worth it, I’ll buy the 2019 mode, if not, I’ll buy the 2018 model with the discount (uppababy has a sale on last years model every year).

Thank you! Your thoughts are really helpful to me. I did see as I played around with the Lux at home, trying to get myself to like it, that I could possibly learn how to do the break with slightly less effort, but it wasn't fun. Agree that for less $ I'd probably have felt a bit differently about it... Thanks, your thoughts are validating and helpful.

And yes... the Minu is smooth. (Though not for me right now.) I've also been kind of waiting to see what happens with 2019. Though could it be they wouldn't change it at all? It's so new. They haven't even brought out all the accessories yet. There is not a single one available for resale yet where I live which is (maybe?) saying something.

(Do you know why the couple that came for the Minu left with the Lux? Ah, stroller talk...)

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 27 2018, 9:38 am
I needed something that would be an easy car stroller but also easy for walking with on Shabbos. People were trying to tell me to get the Bugaboo Bee but I really don't like the look.

Everything about it is light and easy. The fold is one handed. Switching the seat around is one handed. Putting on and taking off the bassinet is one handed. It takes up very little space in the car. I used the bassinet for sleeping for the first few months. It's really beautiful. I also used it with my Maxi Cosi carseat all the time.

The push is a dream. I wouldn't use it on gravel but it's great in the playground on grass.
The seat looks really cool right now because I took off the fabric and it's just a mesh airy seat.

I'm on the shorter side and it feels neat and petite so I think that's great. I would imagine that the basket would be too small for some people but it works well for me because I don't feel a need to load it up tons. I keep the diaper bag on the handlebar and that's really all I need. I didn't try any stroller hooks but I bought a cup holder and I sometimes hang my shopping bags there and I never felt afraid that it will tip over. The best part about shopping with it is that it fits into the narrowest aisles and you don't knock everything over as you pass Smile

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 1:42 am
Thanks so much Amother White! I feel like the fact that it is petite is a big draw for me and it's nice to hear from someone who feels similarly...

So I bought the Mios today... Part of me is thrilled with this choice and part of me is a bit scared!

Is it normal that the handlebar is a bit shaky? Like I can rattle it up and down a bit? I feel like I didn't notice this when I was trying it out but this may be because I was just busy noticing the good elements... Can you reassure me that this is how yours is, and not that I got a dud or somehow broke it already? shock

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 9:24 am
I never noticed it until you mentioned it. I just went and tried it now and you're right. It's not totally stiff. I guess it's not only yours. I just want to reassure you that I haven't been very gentle on it at all and it's holding up beautifully.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 12:36 pm
I have the Cybex Priam and the handlebar is also loose. The store owner told me that they make it that way intentionally, he said the stroller frame handles bumps better when the handlebar has a little give. It bothered me at first but I’ve gotten used to it.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 4:11 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks so much Amother White! I feel like the fact that it is petite is a big draw for me and it's nice to hear from someone who feels similarly...

So I bought the Mios today... Part of me is thrilled with this choice and part of me is a bit scared!

Is it normal that the handlebar is a bit shaky? Like I can rattle it up and down a bit? I feel like I didn't notice this when I was trying it out but this may be because I was just busy noticing the good elements... Can you reassure me that this is how yours is, and not that I got a dud or somehow broke it already? shock

Many strollers are made that way intentionally, including bugaboo.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:37 pm
Thanks for the reassurance regarding the "shaky" handlebar.

I wanted to update now that I've been using this stroller for a while. I LOVE IT. It is so pleasant to push and I love the way it looks and feels. My little baby and also older kids can fit comfortably in it and it is still an easy one-handed push. And it is narrow and easy to fit in crowded places etc. Basically all the things I wanted from a stroller plus.

It has one feature that I've never seen discussed anywhere: with that wide handlebar, it is great for going places with a bunch of little kids. Obviously only one kid/baby can sit in the stroller, but it's very easy for all the walking kids to find a place to hold onto the handlebar and I can still push it easily myself. My two-year-old just walks right under the handlebar, there's plenty of place for him there. (Like a buggy board, only he's walking. And there's actually room for me to walk too without kicking him.)

Oh and it also seems really durable as far as scratches etc... I do treat the stroller gently and lay it gently in the trunk of my car, but so far with normal use it looks and feels really as good as new. (And thanks again for the reassurance about the handlebar... after reading the responses and also using for a while, it's a non-issue. feels very smooth to actually use.)

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:47 am
Amothers white and lilac, and all others!
do you find you want another , bigger stroller in addition to Mios, with a roomier seat, or bigger wheels?
If you had a chance to get a free older model Priam with a full flat recline -would you?

Basically, I now have a 2019 mios and 2017-2018 priam and can’t figure out if Priam seat is deeper, has deeper sides kind of, compared to a flatter mios one. It looks roomier but if I measure them they appear similar size.
Also, does Priam have any better push, is it worth keeping it?

I can keep both or only Mios.
What do you recommend?

Also, I’m not sure if it’s worth getting a bassinet for mios, or use the fully reclined Priam seat for a newborn, or get the Priam 17-18 convertible bassinet/bucket seat (the “light 2-in-1 seat”) Hellpppp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics