Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Looking for a pediatric opthamologist
Previous  1  2

benny

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It wouldn’t be an option for me to switch hmo’s because some of my kids have their braces covered under United healthcare. Another hmo wouldn’t cover especially mid treatment so I have to stick with United healthcare.

I actually had this. I’m using Krug for braces and they billed amerigroup for the visit. They had to take photos again to send them but that was it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:22 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
Dr. Harvey Richman

How did you hear about him?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:24 am
benny wrote:
I actually had this. I’m using Krug for braces and they billed amerigroup for the visit. They had to take photos again to send them but that was it.

That sounds risky. What would have happened if amerigroup didn’t want to cover?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 1:09 am
OP, I logged in especially so that I can respond to this, and hopefully be of help:
Dr. Raphael Rosenbaum is amazing. He specializes in uveitis but he is very knowledgeable on all eye matters, with a wonderful bedside manner. He has offices in the City, Brooklyn, (and I think Westchester). He accepts most insurance plans but I would call the office first to be sure.
At some point we were considering going to CHOP but we were told that Wills Eye in Philadelphia is a better option. We spent the day there for a consultation and were very impressed. The entire team was highly professional, knowledgeable, and wonderful with our daughter. They spent hours with us, and charged a minimum fee. I hope this helps. Hatzlacha Raba!!

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:38 am
Smile1234 wrote:
Jersey care only covers a checkup once a year. If there’s a medical reason that a patient needs to be seen more than that of course it’s covered!

I once took dd to him because she was having headaches and they just bill it out as a medical exam instead of a checkup.
If he feels that he needs to keep a close eye on your child’s vision he will say so and you don’t need to worry that it wouldn’t be covered by insurance.
Our ophthalmologist visits are always billed as medical because they’re related to strabismus and that’s considered a medical issue. So dr Cohen would see as often as necessary? Maybe I should look into him more. Gittleman didn’t recommend him for dd but I have another kid who has a straightforward case of strabismus and my other kids are supposed to get regular follow ups to make sure they’re not developing strabismus as well, maybe I’ll switch them there.

benny

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That sounds risky. What would have happened if amerigroup didn’t want to cover?

I spoke to Krug and they told me it’s not an issue

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:07 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Our ophthalmologist visits are always billed as medical because they’re related to strabismus and that’s considered a medical issue. So dr Cohen would see as often as necessary? Maybe I should look into him more. Gittleman didn’t recommend him for dd but I have another kid who has a straightforward case of strabismus and my other kids are supposed to get regular follow ups to make sure they’re not developing strabismus as well, maybe I’ll switch them there.

Definitely call and ask.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How did you hear about him?
I was looking for a vision therapy trained optometrist and someone on a group recommended him

Unique

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:58 am
If you're willing to come to central NJ, Dr Napolitano in Iselin, NJ is supposed to be good. Haven't had our appt yet because there is a wait.

Perrys

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:02 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
How does he monitor closely? I thought dr Cohen only sees kids once a year

He’s seeing my son every 3 months abd told me if I have any concerns I should call him

benny

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:44 pm
Unique wrote:
If you're willing to come to central NJ, Dr Napolitano in Iselin, NJ is supposed to be good. Haven't had our appt yet because there is a wait.

He’s supposed to be good. But when I tried they wouldn’t give me an appt. they said he was full and wouldn’t book further into the future. They recommended dr campollataro but I couldn’t get enough info from anywhere about him.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries