Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Wall hung toilets
1  2  Next

redheaded

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:47 am
I’m redoing a bathroom and considering wall hung toilet.
The bathroom is tiny, 2.9 by 8.

I hear it will make the bathroom look bigger.

If you have experience with wall hung toilets please share the pros and cons.

Thank you

tsc3

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:16 am
I love our hanging toilets.
Where I live (not US) it is standard for anyone renovating to put in hanging toilets.
Pros:
It's much cleaner, no dust gathers underneath.
It creates a ledge for tissues etc
Much nicer looking.

I don't know of any cons...

Hatzlacha!

farmom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:17 am
Not sure if makes the bathroom bigger. It has all the plumbing mechanism, and they have to be hidden in the wall, so the wall is built out. They are officially more delicate and breakable than the regular toilets. I love them because the floor underneath the toilet can get totally clean

avrahamama

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:20 am
I think the only issue is that if you do have a plumbing issue your floor and wall will have to be broken up in order to fix/replace the the toilet.

tsc3

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:49 am

Last edited by tsc3 on Sun, Jun 13 2021, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:53 am
avrahamama wrote:
I think the only issue is that if you do have a plumbing issue your floor and wall will have to be broken up in order to fix/replace the the toilet.

Usually not, if the seal and plumbing are done well. The panel with the flush buttons on the wall can be removed for maintenance.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:03 am
We have them in all of our barhrooms. New build, 5 years old, in israel. I like how much cleaner it feels. And I literally have a plumber in my hoise as I type this, fixing an issue from within the hole, not having to break the tiles or floors.

Sesame

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:13 am
I have it. Very happy. No cons as far as I know.

Rivky

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:16 am
I have it too. Highly recommend.

asweet

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:32 am
Have it too. Love how easy it is to clean. Perhaps if it breaks you have to break the wall but totally worth it!

SwissAlps

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:25 pm
Yes! Love this kind as well. Much, much easier to clean around the toilet and has a really nice look. And the built in ledge is an extra plus.

tweety1

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 3:03 pm
Love mine! So much cleaner./has a cleaner look. So much easier to clean. Looks gorgeous!

simba

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 3:25 pm
I would discuss this with a plumber you trust.
I was told that he can fix them but he wouldn't put them in his own house. You cant get the same flush and access to repair is more limited.

That being said I am still putting one in but wherever I have space I am doing a standard.

It definitely saves space, the wall does not to be built out for it, it finds inside the standard framing.

Enjoy your new bathroom!

ecs

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:28 pm
[quote="simba"]I would discuss this with a plumber you trust.
I was told that he can fix them but he wouldn't put them in his own house. You cant get the same flush and access to repair is more limited.

That being said I am still putting one in but wherever I have space I am doing a standard.

It definitely saves space, the wall does not to be built out for it, it finds inside the standard framing.

Enjoy your new bathroom![/quote

My husband is in contracting and we are not putting them in our house either. They are cleaner and I love the modern look but the flush is weaker.

Shuly

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:56 pm
I have them and love them but we're in Israel where the walls are made of cement. I feel like they would fall right off of the wall in American houses!

Yes, the flusher pops off to access the tank and plumbing.

SwissAlps

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 3:16 am
[quote="ecs"]
simba wrote:
I would discuss this with a plumber you trust.

Enjoy your new bathroom![/quote

My husband is in contracting and we are not putting them in our house either. They are cleaner and I love the modern look but the flush is weaker.

Interesting, because the flush is not weaker by me. Anyway I find the flush to be weaker nowadays to preserve energy. Scratching Head

yc

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 3:37 am
I'm in israel - we just installed wall hung rimless toilets. wall - hung nice. rimless - not nice.
the flush was too powerful which is meant to compensate for the fact that the water only comes from the back, and then it splashes out of the bowl. we adjusted and now its too weak.
also beware the shape of the toilet. ours is shaped such that unless things land in exactly the right spot it sticks and you need to clean every time. maybe this is just in israel since the water level in the toilet is very low, but its also the shape of the bowl that causes this. toilet we got is 'grohe' which is supposed to be a good brand. wondering what others in israel have experienced with this

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:30 am
SwissAlps wrote:
Interesting, because the flush is not weaker by me. Anyway I find the flush to be weaker nowadays to preserve energy. Scratching Head

I don't find the flush to weaker either. Mine comes with 2 flushers. One for water waste and one for bigger waste.

Sesame

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:17 am
I also do not find the flush any weaker. Also have two flush buttons
Interested in hearing why ppl (like contractors wife above) wouldn’t put it in??

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:44 am
Is this done in the US? I can picture it in Israel but I have never seen it here. Honestly, some of my walls would not be able to hold the weight of a heavy person sitting.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics