Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Cybex Priam Review please share

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:49 pm
Can anyone share their experience with the Cybex Priam stroller?
Does it wheel easily? Is it extremely heavy to put in and out of the car compared to other full size strollers?
For my last child I had the Bugaboo Cameleon and was extremely happy with it. It wheeled like a breeze and felt sturdy. That was 10 years ago. I long since sold it.
I'm pregnant b"h and looking into strollers once again.
Came across the Cybex Priam and it seems like it's everything I need. I like it over the bugaboo for the fact that the seat reclines flat so I don't need a bassinet. I will also be using it with an infant seat when going shopping etc...(I have to use the car when shopping and no I do not want a Doona).
I found a very gently used one on Facebook at a really good price.
I am really inclined to buy it but would love to hear from those that used it. What are the pros and cons?
Thanks!

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:30 pm
Have had it for over three years and I love it. I have the lux seat which folds completely flat (and a separate bassinet) versus the the one that has the “dip” in it similar to Bugaboo.
Pros:
It doesn’t push, it *glides*. It has a lighter feel than a Bugaboo, it pushes seamlessly.
It’s beautiful.
It’s really comfortable for the baby - generous size seat, comfortable padding, sunshade options, footrest and recline options, etc.
The seat is higher, which was important to me, Bugaboos seems unnaturally low.
Excellent storage basket.
So many options: recline, foot rest, forward and rear facing, bassinet, car seat - not unusual for a full size luxury stroller, but definitely really nice to have.
I rarely fold it but it’s not hard to do. Folds in one piece if not using bassinet.

Cons:
You feel more bumps than with a Bugaboo, though still not by any means a bumpy ride. To me this is a trade-off for the gliding feel.
It’s a big stroller, it’s not light - I’m a small person living in a tight neighborhood so sometimes I wish I had a more compact stroller. But it’s not bigger or heavier than your usual full size stroller, it’s similar to a Bugaboo chameleon in size. Just par for the course for this type of stroller. A trade-off for the excellent push as well.
It has a certain looseness in feel, like the handlebar is almost shaky? Hard to describe without pushing it. This is not necessarily a con, I am totally used to it and think it contributes to the gliding push. The store-owner who sold it to me said it’s built this way to handle bumps more easily - it’s not a defect.

Highly recommend, would buy again! It’s in great condition, the quality is excellent.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:32 pm
Omg it's the best

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:43 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Have had it for over three years and I love it. I have the lux seat which folds completely flat (and a separate bassinet) versus the the one that has the “dip” in it similar to Bugaboo.
Pros:
It doesn’t push, it *glides*. It has a lighter feel than a Bugaboo, it pushes seamlessly.
It’s beautiful.
It’s really comfortable for the baby - generous size seat, comfortable padding, sunshade options, footrest and recline options, etc.
The seat is higher, which was important to me, Bugaboos seems unnaturally low.
Excellent storage basket.
So many options: recline, foot rest, forward and rear facing, bassinet, car seat - not unusual for a full size luxury stroller, but definitely really nice to have.
I rarely fold it but it’s not hard to do. Folds in one piece if not using bassinet.

Cons:
You feel more bumps than with a Bugaboo, though still not by any means a bumpy ride. To me this is a trade-off for the gliding feel.
It’s a big stroller, it’s not light - I’m a small person living in a tight neighborhood so sometimes I wish I had a more compact stroller. But it’s not bigger or heavier than your usual full size stroller, it’s similar to a Bugaboo chameleon in size. Just par for the course for this type of stroller. A trade-off for the excellent push as well.
It has a certain looseness in feel, like the handlebar is almost shaky? Hard to describe without pushing it. This is not necessarily a con, I am totally used to it and think it contributes to the gliding push. The store-owner who sold it to me said it’s built this way to handle bumps more easily - it’s not a defect.

Highly recommend, would buy again! It’s in great condition, the quality is excellent.

Thank you so much for your detailed review. I really appreciate it!
The looseness in the handlebar, I kind of remember the bugaboo having that too but I can't remember for sure. But it feels sturdy overall, correct?
The size won't really bother me, I live in a big house on a big property, not in the city. I just hope it folds somewhat decently so I can take it with me when I wanna go to any department store.

I found it online second hand, less than 2 years old. It's being sold along with a carseat. Sounds like a really good deal.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:43 pm
I have one and love it! I got it more for the look since it is much sleeker and nicer than all of the bugaboos. I have it for over a year now and it pushes amazing and is in perfect condition

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The looseness in the handlebar, I kind of remember the bugaboo having that too but I can't remember for sure. But it feels sturdy overall, correct?
The size won't really bother me, I live in a big house on a big property, not in the city. I just hope it folds somewhat decently so I can take it with me when I wanna go to any department store.

I found it online second hand, less than 2 years old. It's being sold along with a carseat. Sounds like a really good deal.
I believe it's not safe to buy
a car seat secondhand. Pls do your research.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It’s absolutely sturdy, it is made really well. The materials all feel amazing. It pushes like the day I bought it. I am really picky about stroller pushes (you can’t tell?! 😂) and it’s my favorite that I’ve tried.
If you are used to a Bugaboo it will definitely feel different, the Bugaboo to me has a very solid, heavy (I thought if it as “truck-like” when I tried it) feel. It doesn’t feel like that, it’s somehow more light but feels substantial. I don’t remember feeling looseness in the Bugaboo - there is definitely something distinct about the looseness. Maybe look for video demos and you’ll notice it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
It’s absolutely sturdy, it is made really well. The materials all feel amazing. It pushes like the day I bought it. I am really picky about stroller pushes (you can’t tell?! 😂) and it’s my favorite that I’ve tried.
If you are used to a Bugaboo it will definitely feel different, the Bugaboo to me has a very solid, heavy (I thought if it as “truck-like” when I tried it) feel. It doesn’t feel like that, it’s somehow more light but feels substantial. I don’t remember feeling looseness in the Bugaboo - there is definitely something distinct about the looseness. Maybe look for video demos and you’ll notice it.

Ok thanks good to be aware.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I believe it's not safe to buy
a car seat secondhand. Pls do your research.

If it wasn't in an accident and not expired, why would it be unsafe?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:39 pm
Quick question, is Priam better than cybex gazelle as a single stroller? It seems it’s pricier for sure. Did anyone choose it specifically over gazelle for some reason?

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:54 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
Quick question, is Priam better than cybex gazelle as a single stroller? It seems it’s pricier for sure. Did anyone choose it specifically over gazelle for some reason?

I think the gazelle is fairly new. Because it's a convertible single to double it's going to be bulkier, heavier etc than the priam which is only a single stroller. If you don't need a double, then why would you get it? Also I personally think the priam looks nicer.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 3:37 pm
I am also in the market for a stroller and just wondering where on Facebook I can find used strollers?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 3:53 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
I think the gazelle is fairly new. Because it's a convertible single to double it's going to be bulkier, heavier etc than the priam which is only a single stroller. If you don't need a double, then why would you get it? Also I personally think the priam looks nicer.

So I’m not sure if it’s heavier actually, as a single.
Looks kinda similar to Priam in terms of features but a few hundred dollars cheaper.
Plus it leaves an open option to turn it into a double just in case.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:32 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
So I’m not sure if it’s heavier actually, as a single.
Looks kinda similar to Priam in terms of features but a few hundred dollars cheaper.
Plus it leaves an open option to turn it into a double just in case.

The Priam is much nicer if you care about that..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics