Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey Cheder
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:47 pm
Thank you everyone for the responses it’s definitely good to hear all the options and opinions! Which of these has a high lever of learning? They need to be learning a lot both Yiddish and English, my son is really smart b”h and he gets really bored now cuz they’re on a low level where he is now

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
From my experience, munkatch would be too much for you. They have strong guidelines and boundaries, like only black kippas, no white soles on shoes... very chassidish (though neutral).
Imrei shefer allows more leniency but learn little.
Beer yeshiva would most likely be the best fit for you.
Chassidish, lenient and open to anyone.

Munkatch and Imrei Shefer basically have the same rules. Munkatch is not stricter than Imrei Shefer. They do allow white soled sneakers. But the parent body and the way Imrei Shefer is run, is way better than Munkatch. Imrei Shefer doesn't learn little according to other chassidish cheders. All chassidish cheders are basically on the same learning level.
And I mentioned upthread, Beer Yeshaya is really modern. I wouldn't even call it a chassidish cheder. A neutral chassidish boy doesn't belong there. It's a modern/ex chassidish crowd.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:49 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
There's a new Cheder Talmud Torah D'Monsey.
Don't know their rules or till what age they run.
Maybe someone else has more details.

Its a division of bnos derech yisroel. Its opening in Sept I think. Nothing established yet. But im sure itll be good.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Its a division of bnos derech yisroel. Its opening in Sept I think. Nothing established yet. But im sure itll be good.

Right. It seems like what OP is looking for but it's not established yet. There's a real demand for such a cheder, I have a feeling they'll do very well.

boymom3

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:56 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
There's a new Cheder Talmud Torah D'Monsey.
Don't know their rules or till what age they run.
Maybe someone else has more details.

Heard about this Cheder but they won’t have a grade for my older son

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:02 pm
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
Munkatch and Imrei Shefer basically have the same rules. Munkatch is not stricter than Imrei Shefer. They do allow white soled sneakers. But the parent body and the way Imrei Shefer is run, is way better than Munkatch. Imrei Shefer doesn't learn little according to other chassidish cheders. All chassidish cheders are basically on the same learning level.
And I mentioned upthread, Beer Yeshaya is really modern. I wouldn't even call it a chassidish cheder. A neutral chassidish boy doesn't belong there. It's a modern/ex chassidish crowd.

Me and my sisters are sending to either Munkatch or Imrei shufer. Imrei shufer definitely learns way less than any other chedurim and do accept parents from more openminded home vs. Munkatch.
Munkatch definitely has more chasidish rules than Imrei shufer.
Anyone is welcome to Imrei shufer.
Anyone is welcome to Beer yeshaya. OP mentioned that even through her kids have krazel payas, they dress more cool and modern than Munkatch or other chasidisg yeshivas would allow.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:07 pm
Me and my sisters are sending to either Munkatch or Imrei shufer. Imrei shufer definitely learns way less than any other chedurim and do accept parents from more openminded home vs. Munkatch.
Munkatch definitely has more chasidish rules than Imrei shufer.
Anyone is welcome to Imrei shufer.
Anyone is welcome to Beer yeshaya. OP mentioned that even through her kids have krazel payas, they dress more cool and modern than Munkatch or other chasidisg yeshivas would allow.

There are quite modern parents in Munkatch as well. Lately they started getting more strict about the rules. My nephews in Munkatch wear white soled sneakers. Imrei shefer has a different non pressure way of learning, they make it more exciting. Munkatch learns basically like every other chassidish cheder.
Beer Yeshaya is not chassidish. It's very modern ex chassidish.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:28 pm
Imrei shufer definitely learns way less than any other chedurim.

If this is the case it would be a problem for me. Learning a lot is a high priority

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If this is the case it would be a problem for me. Learning a lot is a high priority

I don't think any chassidish cheder learns a lot. Maybe Bais Dovid is more intense than other cheders, they're chassidish/Yeshivish mix but they're strict with rules.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:04 pm
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
Bais Dovid could be a good fit.

Bais Dovid doesn’t allow light colored shoes and only black yarmulkas are allowed. At a certain age Rabbi Bauer applies pressure to wear six sectioned yarmulkas that cover most of the head instead of 4.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:09 pm
I’m okay with rules and I can bend somewhat to respect them as long as it’s nothing crazy

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:26 am
I took my son out of imrei shufer because not only wasn't he learning anything, but he fell behind in what he knew coming in. This was a few years ago and the place was an absolute mess. Maybe they've changed since then. I switched him to munkatch and he is bh thriving. The rebbis are phenomenal, especially preschool. As for the rules, they only allow black velvet kappel from kita beis and up and no white soles from kita vav.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:30 am
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
I took my son out of imrei shufer because not only wasn't he learning anything, but he fell behind in what he knew coming in. This was a few years ago and the place was an absolute mess. Maybe they've changed since then. I switched him to munkatch and he is bh thriving. The rebbis are phenomenal, especially preschool. As for the rules, they only allow black velvet kappel from kita beis and up and no white soles from kita vav.

Thank you so much that’s really good to know!

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:52 am
Imrei Shafer is not an established cheider, the learning is not at all high level. Kids wear huge black kaplich . I don't think they have a clue what they want to be . I used to send there years ago and didn't like how they gave every family different rules . Depending your background, how much money you give, the building is smaller than other cheidurim , their lunch room is in the hallway . No lunch room , no play area, maybe a small play zone on the street where cars keep coming in so the kids get disturbed. they charge a ton of tuition after all. They will take you with open arms , that's the good part. The menhal is great though , and they don't pressure the kids. I would call it a very chassidish cheider , more chassidish than munkatch. Been there, and talking about the experience we had. They don't learn an intense English.
GL

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:56 am
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Imrei Shafer is not an established cheider, the learning is not at all high level. Kids wear huge black kaplich . I don't think they have a clue what they want to be . I used to send there years ago and didn't like how they gave every family different rules . Depending your background, how much money you give, the building is smaller than other cheidurim , their lunch room is in the hallway . No lunch room , no play area, maybe a small play zone on the street where cars keep coming in so the kids get disturbed. they charge a ton of tuition after all. They will take you with open arms , that's the good part. The menhal is great though , and they don't pressure the kids. I would call it a very chassidish cheider , more chassidish than munkatch. Been there, and talking about the experience we had. They don't learn an intense English.
GL

They changed so so much from years ago, you can't compare. There are boys with all types of kaplech, ranging from big velvet to smaller fabric and printed. They're the only chassidish cheder that allows smaller & fabric kaplech. They're not at all a very chassidish cheder, no way. They're really neutral, all types. Many boys from English speaking homes.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
They changed so so much from years ago, you can't compare. There are boys with all types of kaplech, ranging from big velvet to smaller fabric and printed. They're the only chassidish cheder that allows smaller & fabric kaplech. They're not at all a very chassidish cheder, no way. They're really neutral, all types. Many boys from English speaking homes.

My sister sends there and I see some times videos from Friday singing. the boys look more chassidish than any other cheider . I was surprised to see the image of very chassidish boys . Most have very long payes , and I only see huge kapplach .I am Not at all saying it's cv a bad thing just responding to her question of how chassidish the chieder is since it seemed important for her to know . I think only the pre school boys wear any colored kaplich. Older boys wear it very chassidish way , I think the menhal wants the boys to wear it a certain way . Just Saying that my opinion munkatch is less like that . U can even ask someone that sends there to forward you video from them. They forward to the parents everything the boys do, or celebrate.. you can even Google but I'm assuming it has changed over times and on the internet comes up old images . Each to their own . Imrie Shafer wasn't the cut out place for us , but might work for you. Just if you are looking for good academic I didn't see they have that .

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 6:14 am
Heard about a cheder opened a year ago. And one opening for the coming year anyone has any info?

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:29 am
I send to Bais Dovid. My son wears a 4 part yarmulke and Rabbi Bauer made an announcement in his classroom that this is the kind of yarmulke to wear (because it was larger than the others apparently. It was regular size in my opinion, not tiny) they don't care the color. At some point the kids by themselves switch over to dark colors.

They don't make kids crazy about rules in general. They have a rule that they need to wear collars on shirts and shoes need to be mostly dark color. They don't care if the shoe has colored lines etc. Kids wear all diff cool type shoes there. They have a lot less rules than girl schools.

They are makpid on parental tznius though.

They do a lot of learning. This is true about them. Kids that can not handle it may times switch out.

There is a mix of Chassidish and Yeshivish.

boymom3

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:09 am
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
Heard about a cheder opened a year ago. And one opening for the coming year anyone has any info?

My son is in Talmud Torah Monsey it opened in September, there’s a new one I think called Ohr Yisroel opening the coming September, I do not have any information about it though.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 11:18 am
My son is in Munkatch, its very chasidish, they put alot of emphasis on the way the kids dress and parents tznius level.
It's ok that parents drive and dress well but very chasidish parent body nonetheless.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics