Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Spinoff! Mikvah on vacation
Previous  1  2

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:02 pm
Sweet Sour wrote:
Eewwww! I would never, bc, what if your seen?

I imagine that beaches are less populated at mikvah time, as well as darker...and people aren't necessarily paying that much attention to you and it's quick...

Why the word "Eewwww?" Even if I were ch"v seen naked by a strange man, that's really not what would come to mind.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:06 pm
chabad shluchim are so amazing!!!!!! im always in awe of their mesiras nefesh!
I teach in a lubavitch yeshiva and im so jealous im not lubavitch!! LOL

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:15 pm
Yup. I’ve done that. Was on an island. Water was warm. Went to a secluded part of the resort where there was construction during the day so no actual hotel guests at night.
Was perfect. Dh was my mkvah man. Chabad there was fixing mikvah so that was my only option
You can also call the Chabad of where you’re going and see if they have one it what they do. If you’d like a woman instead of dh im sure they’d be happy to help

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:16 pm
Sweet Sour wrote:
Eewwww! I would never, bc, what if your seen?

Umm you don’t walk into the water naked you take your bathing suit off once in the water. Not sure why that’s so ewww. I gave my stuff for dh to hold and then took it back from him when ready then out of the water

Sweet Sour

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
Umm you don’t walk into the water naked you take your bathing suit off once in the water. Not sure why that’s so ewww. I gave my stuff for dh to hold and then took it back from him when ready then out of the water

That makes sense, but also no sense really. But I guess handing over would also be same allowed if not more than dh watching.... Meant eewwww, as in a shudder.

Thanks all for your comments. It was a big shocker!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:26 pm
Sweet Sour wrote:
That makes sense, but also no sense really. But I guess handing over would also be same allowed if not more than dh watching.... Meant eewwww, as in a shudder.

Thanks all for your comments. It was a big shocker!

I kind of threw it toward his direction and he grabbed it. He isn’t seeing much of nakedness either cuz in the water and no lights on around lol.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:31 pm
Might be a subject for another spinoff, but: I was taught that during niddah, you and hubs can change clothes in the same room at the same time as usual. Just don't gaze at each other. Mikvah supervision is similar, no gazing needed.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:13 pm
Yes! We were on vacation and the airbnb was right on the lake (it's a huge lake and Kosher for mikva). I got it via stairs off pier and wore a loose cover up and took it off in water. In the end, my dh dunked in with me because I was afraid of being in there alone lol. But all was good and kosher.

Oldest

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:50 am
I remember my kallah teacher telling me about this as a kallah. Obviously, ask your LOR but you can dip in a natural lake and your husband is allowed to watch you

Ellie7

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:08 am
I did it once in Hawaii. It was really no big deal—and sort of fun in retrospect. My DH came with me and I got undressed in the water.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:10 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
If theres no one else available ones husband can do it since going to be able to be together right after.

Assuming one towels after the zman. If you to do before the zman, just make sure that there is no yichud until sunset.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics