Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Phentermine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:23 pm
I just started a 12 week course (yes dr prescribed!!!) and feeling optimistic. If you used it did you have long term success?

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:31 pm
may I stupidly ask what that is?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:38 pm
Speeds up metabolism and lowers appetite.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 3:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Speeds up metabolism and lowers appetite.

That stuff is not healthy! Try doing high protein, no carbs other than vegetables, with healthy fats and you won’t have appetite or cravings any more, I lost a ton of weight that way when every other diet failed. There are no shortcuts.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:21 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
That stuff is not healthy! Try doing high protein, no carbs other than vegetables, with healthy fats and you won’t have appetite or cravings any more, I lost a ton of weight that way when every other diet failed. There are no shortcuts.
That's not what I asked. I'm eating well and excercising every single day for MONTHS and don't stop gaining. I'm not taking it for appetite suppressing. I'm taking it to reverse a metabolism problem. As it is in the first week I lost a lot just doing what I've been doing for months already without any benefit before. This wasn't a first option, its a last resort and there's reasons for it.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:23 pm
My doctor claims it only helps suppress appetite. It worked a bit in the beginning but I don’t really see a benefit at this point and I’m only taking it for a few weeks. Back to being super hungry and trying to ignore it and eat healthy, smallish portioned meals.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
My doctor claims it only helps suppress appetite. It worked a bit in the beginning but I don’t really see a benefit at this point and I’m only taking it for a few weeks. Back to being super hungry and trying to ignore it and eat healthy, smallish portioned meals.

Interesting. I had a huge weight loss in the first few days alone and my clothes fit better by a lot and I walk without pain just in the first week of taking it. No way that's just appetite suppression. My appetite is low to begin with and I'm careful what I eat. I have hormone imbalances that make me gain water weight and I peed nonstop the first few days on phentermine. I drink tons more water now to make up for it and feel healthier. No more swollen hands and feet makes it easier to exercise! Probably flushing out excess fluid accounts for the first 10lbs loss. My dr said phentermine helps metabolize fat better so hopefully it will counteract effects of cortisol level being so high. I'll see my endocrinologist soon for other hormones. Phentermine is the first thing that's worked at all since I got so heavy. I used to be thin.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting. I had a huge weight loss in the first few days alone and my clothes fit better by a lot and I walk without pain just in the first week of taking it. No way that's just appetite suppression. My appetite is low to begin with and I'm careful what I eat. I have hormone imbalances that make me gain water weight and I peed nonstop the first few days on phentermine. I drink tons more water now to make up for it and feel healthier. No more swollen hands and feet makes it easier to exercise! Probably flushing out excess fluid accounts for the first 10lbs loss. My dr said phentermine helps metabolize fat better so hopefully it will counteract effects of cortisol level being so high. I'll see my endocrinologist soon for other hormones. Phentermine is the first thing that's worked at all since I got so heavy. I used to be thin.

I’m happy it’s working for you. I lost 5 Lb right away (after heavily dieting for months and losing about 10 lb) but then it continued the way I had been before. Super super slow and some ups and downs. I was still eating very little. The last few days I am definitely feeling way more hunger 🤷‍♀️. So hard because I’m always trying to do the right thing but it’s so incredibly slow. In the beginning, I was so excited because I not only saw progress, I literally felt less hungry. Not the case anymore. I’m about 3 weeks in

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:33 pm
It took me some time to figure out the exact right dose but it's been very helpful long term. I use it specifically as a suppressant combined with a high protein, low carb diet. It's been great for me.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:23 am
I tried it for a few weeks and it totally worked (would literally not think about food all day and at like 4 pm it would hit me that I hadn’t eaten) but I had to go off of it because it made me so so so sick. I spent so much time in the bathroom I don’t think I would have had time to eat if I wanted to. 😂

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
It took me some time to figure out the exact right dose but it's been very helpful long term. I use it specifically as a suppressant combined with a high protein, low carb diet. It's been great for me.

So there’s your proof of the high protein low carb. If you can do that u don’t need the drug.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:44 am
OP, I have some questions. I have the metabolism of a snail on valium! 🐌

Does it cause anxiety or a racing heart?
Insomnia? Mood swings?
Does it treat insulin resistance, or just cover the symptoms?
Talk to me more about cortisol!
Were you diagnosed with Cushing's Syndrome? PCOS?
Did you get the meds from an endocrinologist?
What blood tests did they use to determine you needed it?

I eat like a bird, drink tons of water, and I've been gaining steadily around my waistline. Because of chronic fatigue, I can't exercise like I should, and if I push myself too hard I end up in bed for days or even weeks on end.

Keto, intermittent fasting, nothing seems to make a difference. It's like my body can turn air into fat, so I might as well stop breathing. Confused

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:48 am
Yipes. I guess it's not for me. Too many contraindications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phentermine

I hope it works for you!

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
So there’s your proof of the high protein low carb. If you can do that u don’t need the drug.

No actually, it is not proof of that. I agree with you that the high protein low carb diet is the right one but I could not do it successfully without phentermine right now, for a variety or reasons. I also thought it would be good for people to know that you don't have to use an appetite suppressant to just starve yourself or something.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 3:02 pm
Bump, OP or anyone else? I’m thinking about starting Phentermine and Toprimite. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:12 pm
I did it with my last 3 kids 20 years ago. Plus working out 5 days a week ands low GI diet. I was very successful and loved it. Took my cravings ands appetite away. I can’t say if I would have kept the weight off as I got pregnant again within that year. But I loved not having cravings

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:30 pm
OP here. I didn’t last long on phentermine. It caused other health problems. My endocrinologist adjusted my thyroid meds and I lost more weight in a healthy way.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:53 pm
Delete

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
OP here. I didn’t last long on phentermine. It caused other health problems. My endocrinologist adjusted my thyroid meds and I lost more weight in a healthy way.

Told you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:00 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Told you

Wow, how kind.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise