Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
One bedroom with kid
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:15 pm
How does it work in a one bedroom with a child? Where do you put the child. As a newborn it's fine in your bedroom I guess? But what about when they get older, like toddler. Any ideas?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:16 pm
I had that. When he got a little older his crib was in a corner of the living room. We would put him to bed in our room and move him to the living room when we wanted to go to sleep. But we moved when he was almost two. I was losing my mind and needed more space.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I had that. When he got a little older his crib was in a corner of the living room. We would put him to bed in our room and move him to the living room when we wanted to go to sleep. But we moved when he was almost two. I was losing my mind and needed more space.

That's an interesting idea.. He didn't wake up when you moved him?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:19 pm
Also I feel like it's so weird a kid sleeping in middle of my living room

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:20 pm
I kept her in my room until 18 months. I would have done until 2. Then we closed off a corner of the living room

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:23 pm
amother [ Ballota ] wrote:
I kept her in my room until 18 months. I would have done until 2. Then we closed off a corner of the living room

How did you close it off?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:25 pm
I had 2 kids and 1 bedroom. We built a temporary wall.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:20 pm
We moved my son at 6 months to the corner of the living room. We hung out in the kitchen and bedroom in the evenings. Shabbos was tricky but we managed. Put his pack n play in a hall with a tension rod and curtain divider or started him in our room and moved him when he was sleeping. We did it for a year until we moved to a bigger space. It wasn’t ideal but totally manageable.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:45 pm
I lived with 4 kids with 1 bedroom! They slept in my living/dining area. No choice.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:54 pm
We moved out of our one when our son was 18 months. He was still in a pak n play and we kept it in the back of the living room next to the couch. The living/dining room was basically off limits after his bedtime and I hung out in the kitchen and my bedroom

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:56 pm
I know lots of people with a kid in a one bedroom and a bunch with more kids.

Everyone does it differently.

If it's practical for you the best thing to do is put up a wall, either in your bedroom or your living room, to create a second "bedroom".

Or you could buy a rolling crib and put your kid to sleep in your bedroom and when you go in for the night you roll him out.

You could do something similar and just carry them out to a crib or bed in the living room - if they won't fit in a crib that would fit in the doorway.

You could just put them to sleep in the living room but then you're stuck not being able to make much noise out there. (If your living room is separate from your kitchen then maybe it will work better. I'm mostly thinking of tiny apartmens)

Or you could hang up a curtain in your room.

That's off the top of my head, I'm for sure missing some ideas

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:58 pm
My sister pulled out her Seform Shanck(book case) and in the little space she put in a pack and play, her baby is now 2 years old.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's an interesting idea.. He didn't wake up when you moved him?

He did. He got used to it and learned to go right back to sleep.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also I feel like it's so weird a kid sleeping in middle of my living room

Is it better to have an 18 month old in my bedroom waking up every time we roll over?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:40 pm
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
My sister pulled out her Seform Shanck(book case) and in the little space she put in a pack and play, her baby is now 2 years old.

OT but I thought it was seforim shrank?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:47 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
OT but I thought it was seforim shrank?

Just make sure to secure it somehow as my little daughter pulled a piece of furniture down on herself while playing and got hurt

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:56 pm
Studio here. Kids in walk in closet.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:04 pm
I had 4 kids in a one bedroom! Toddler size bunk bed and pack n play in walk through dining room. We hung out in tiny kitchen or bedroom. When 4th was 2 and still in my room we moved.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:35 pm
Thanks for the ideas everyone! I feel better knowing that other people do it

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:01 pm
We were in a one bedroom until my son was almost 3. He slept in the same room as us. It was a small apartment and I didn't want to have to be super quiet around the rest of the place so he could sleep.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating