Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Do I confirm?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:38 pm
I ordered a little surprise something to a relative today. I got conf front the store that my order was ready and will be delivered shortly. She didn’t acknowledge by text yet. I really want to make sure she got it since it’s a multi family house... is it funny to ask her??

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:40 pm
I think its ok to ask.......

hodeez

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:42 pm
Text her something coy like " let me know what you think! " Or "this is just a small token of gratitude!"

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:43 pm
I wouldn't text anything just yet. Wait until tomorrow so she has a chance to see it and thank you Smile
Embarrassed to admit it but there have been times that ppl did nice things for me and I was way too busy to process it for a few hours or even a day

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:47 pm
Ok. I think I’ll wait. It was food that I sent so really wanted to make sure she got it. Too bad I guess if not I’ll have to tell her and it will be the thought that counts. she is super busy right now so I hope that’s just why (that’s why I sent it)

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:31 pm
Yes, confirm.
I sent a gift to someone. Dictated text for a card over the phone and never heard from the person.
Called the store after a few days they confirmed it was delivered so I reached out. Person told me gift was left by their door with no card or information.
Another time I sent a gift via Amazon. Included a gift message but it was not in the box.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:33 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
Yes, confirm.
I sent a gift to someone. Dictated text for a card over the phone and never heard from the person.
Called the store after a few days they confirmed it was delivered so I reached out. Person told me gift was left by their door with no card or information.
Another time I sent a gift via Amazon. Included a gift message but it was not in the box.

Either way, nothing to lose by waiting a day or two

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:46 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
Either way, nothing to lose by waiting a day or two

Being that it's food. The food can spoil in the hallway. It can end up at the neighbors and they think it's theirs.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:36 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
Yes, confirm.

Amazon's gift message is easy to miss. It's just a typed up line or two on the receipt that's inserted in the box.

Optione

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:54 pm
"Hi! I was thinking about you and sent a little something. I just wanted to confirm that you got it."

trixx

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:56 pm
Tell them straight out. Someone once ordered flowers to us, good thing they told us bc it was sent to the neighbor who took the package in and basically the flowers were dead by the time we got the memo a week later.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:12 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
Yes, confirm.

Same thing happened. I had a box of pastries delivered, driver lost the note that was attached. Ppl didn't know who sent it. They had to call store and lady bh remembered who ordered!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics