Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Has anyone tried Saxenda for weight loss?
Previous  1  2

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:22 pm
I’m on saxenda now for weight loss. So thankful my insurance covers it, I only pay $25 a month. I’ve been on it almost eight months, down 45 pounds and still losing (more slowly). I have 12 more pounds til I get til my goal weight. I hope I can sustain the weight loss when I go off it (you can’t get pregnant on it, and I’ll want more kids eventually) but so grateful for the opportunity to look better and fit easily into clothing, no matter how long it lasts. I had minimal side effects, mostly nausea in the beginning and constipation.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:29 pm
How long did those side effects last for you? How severe?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:33 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
I’m on saxenda now for weight loss. So thankful my insurance covers it, I only pay $25 a month. I’ve been on it almost eight months, down 45 pounds and still losing (more slowly). I have 12 more pounds til I get til my goal weight. I hope I can sustain the weight loss when I go off it (you can’t get pregnant on it, and I’ll want more kids eventually) but so grateful for the opportunity to look better and fit easily into clothing, no matter how long it lasts. I had minimal side effects, mostly nausea in the beginning and constipation.

Thanks for responding! Amazing! So impressed!
I have an appointment in July and am hoping to start Wegovy (Basically saxenda). Do you find it curbed your cravings? Helped you stay on track with diet? Helped you stay full?
Did you have any issues with excercise (like less energy)?
I really appreciate your response!

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:33 am
Sounds interesting. Do doctors prescribe it for anyone?

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:58 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
How long did those side effects last for you? How severe?

Constipation- ongoing Smile. Nothing a little senna pill once in a while won’t help. Nausea- mostly a week, still have some slight nausea randomly, but it gets better quickly after I eat a cracker or something dry.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:04 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Thanks for responding! Amazing! So impressed!
I have an appointment in July and am hoping to start Wegovy (Basically saxenda). Do you find it curbed your cravings? Helped you stay on track with diet? Helped you stay full?
Did you have any issues with excercise (like less energy)?
I really appreciate your response!

Completely totally helped my cravings! That’s honestly the most amazing part! It was always hard for me to diet, because I was always hungry and also I liked to eat whatever food I saw around. It really helped with both! I see food that I used to eat because it was around and it just doesn’t interest me at all. I honestly think this is how it’s supposed to be for all people, that they eat only when hungry, eat foods they consciously chose to eat, and stop when they’re full. Now I have the ability to eat like that. I get full much faster, and stay full longer. Again, this makes dieting so much easier. I have not had any decrease in energy, I can exercise and work out no problem.
My doctor says she that not everyone loses weight on it because they choose to get full on the wrong things. I was very motivated to eat well, and I try to fill up on vegetables with a little protein before eating carbs if by chance I’m still hungry.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:06 am
[quote="amother [ Celeste ]"]Sounds interesting. Do doctors prescribe it for anyone?[/quote

Meds are a great in between for people who are obese but not obese enough for surgery. I do think you have to have a bmi above 30. There a few reasons why you wouldn’t be able to take it, but there are other meds (qsymia) as well. Also, many insurances don’t cover it.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:10 am
Completely totally helped my cravings! That’s honestly the most amazing part! It was always hard for me to diet, because I was always hungry and also I liked to eat whatever food I saw around. It really helped with both! I see food that I used to eat because it was around and it just doesn’t interest me at all. I honestly think this is how it’s supposed to be for all people, that they eat only when hungry, eat foods they consciously chose to eat, and stop when they’re full. Now I have the ability to eat like that. I get full much faster, and stay full longer. Again, this makes dieting so much easier. I have not had any decrease in energy, I can exercise and work out no problem.
My doctor says she that not everyone loses weight on it because they choose to get full on the wrong things. I was very motivated to eat well, and I try to fill up on vegetables with a little protein before eating carbs if by chance I’m still hungry.

This is so motivating to hear. I struggle with hormonal weight gain and have been thinking about weight loss surgery. I have been feeling very disheartened. I have an appointment with a medical weight loss place that works with diet/excercise and if they clear you, medication as well.
For Saxenda is it a daily subcutaneous injection? Wegovy (same ingredients as Saxenda) is being marketed as 1 time a week subcutaneous injection.

Thanks again so much for all of your responses!

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:37 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
This is so motivating to hear. I struggle with hormonal weight gain and have been thinking about weight loss surgery. I have been feeling very disheartened. I have an appointment with a medical weight loss place that works with diet/excercise and if they clear you, medication as well.
For Saxenda is it a daily subcutaneous injection? Wegovy (same ingredients as Saxenda) is being marketed as 1 time a week subcutaneous injection.

Thanks again so much for all of your responses!

It is daily. I personally have no problem with the shot, it’s a tiny needle. Weekly is easier though, definitely when it comes to yom tov

Good luck! I think it’s a great option before considering surgery

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:42 pm

Been on Wegovy for 6 wks and 100% agree with this!! I have the same experience.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise