Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Pay for toilet training

ROFL

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:01 am
Would you pay for toilet training from a professional who develops plans for your kids?
How much would you pay for this service ?
Thanks

Einikel

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:09 am
I personally wouldn’t but I’m sure there are others who would.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:09 am
I would pay for someone to do the toilet training for me. Not for a plan or tips.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:20 am
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
I would pay for someone to do the toilet training for me. Not for a plan or tips.

This. There's a million books out there already.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:23 am
I'm in the middle of toilet training now and I would totally pay someone to deal with it instead of me! I would not pay for a coach though. I just hate having to drop what I'm doing with no notice multiple times a day to take my child to the bathroom.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:26 am
I’d pay for someone to train my kid. Not for a plan though, they need to do the actual work.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:28 am
Our youngest son was very premature and didn't even walk until he was 26 months old so he was still in a diaper at age 3. When he was 3 years and 8 months, we paid a Russian lady $6 an hour to toilet train him which basically meant paying her all day every day. He really hated her so we promised him that if he used the toilet, we would tell her not to come. He agreed to the deal and gave up diapers and used the toilet.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:33 am
I would pay.
obviously would be easier to send my child to someone to train him, but I wouldn't actually do that. It's can be a very confusing and vulnerable time for a child. I would want to be there for them and help through the process not send them off to someone they never met.

The reason I would pay for a coach rather than just read books is to have to support. When I toilet train (and the month before and the month after) I talk to all my friends about it and to my neighbors and siblings and workmates.... If I would have a coach I would talk to her every night to discuss progress of the day and decide what to do different the next day... I can see myself liking that a lot.

That being said I'm not so sure I can put my money where my mouth is as I'm trying to cut back on spendings right now and this wouldn't be a necessity, only a luxury.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:49 am
I think the people who would pay are those that have already tried and are having issues.
FWIW, I do know of people who have paid for toilet training coaches (so this isn't a totally new idea. This is a service that already exists). However, their children were struggling with encropresis or similar issues.

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:53 am
I wouldn't pay unless there was a serious medical or developmental issue. For a normal child, I don't think it would be necessary.

avrahamama

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:54 am
southernbubby wrote:
Our youngest son was very premature and didn't even walk until he was 26 months old so he was still in a diaper at age 3. When he was 3 years and 8 months, we paid a Russian lady $6 an hour to toilet train him which basically meant paying her all day every day. He really hated her so we promised him that if he used the toilet, we would tell her not to come. He agreed to the deal and gave up diapers and used the toilet.

Nothing like some good old fashioned external motivation lol. For some kids it's chocolate chips and for others it's giving the boot to the drill sergeant.

nchr

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:54 am
Absolutely not.

4g01o

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 11:57 am
No I wouldn't, it's part of raising kids. If I had a special needs child, that may be different. With some kids it goes 123 and others take longer. I wouldn't pay for 6 months...accidents happen, and the odd one can happen months after the training has ended anyway.

My dd was trained years ago at 2.5, she's now just turned 5 and had a wet accident in school a couple of weeks ago bc she hurt herself in the playground and thought she'd see blood when going to the toilet so she figured she'd just make then and there LOL well the secretary called me to come change her! I was shocked bc she hasn't had an accident in years. These things happen.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:00 pm
This already exists. In my wealthy neighborhood everything can be outsourced, including potty training. I have not and would not pay for this.

4g01o

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:02 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
This already exists. In my wealthy neighborhood everything can be outsourced, including potty training. I have not and would not pay for this.

I know that it exists but I personally wouldn't use their services. It's the mothers/parents job.

imasinger

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:02 pm
With my SN kid, it was helpful having a therapist work with me. But unless someone can be with your kid 24-7 until they've learned, I don't think having someone try to do it for you would work very well.

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:48 am
imasinger wrote:
With my SN kid, it was helpful having a therapist work with me. But unless someone can be with your kid 24-7 until they've learned, I don't think having someone try to do it for you would work very well.

Which therapist worked with you.
My child gets multiple services and I wanted to bring it up with one of the therapists, but I'm not sure which..

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:56 am
Fab4 wrote:
I know that it exists but I personally wouldn't use their services. It's the mothers/parents job.

For sure. But it sounded to me like OP was wondering if this could be a business model. And in mentioning that it already is

Teomima

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:05 am
No.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training