Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Top Ten Reasons why you cant make a living in Israel
Previous  1  2

Did this video change your perspective on ability to make a living in EY?
Yes  
 27%  [ 3 ]
No  
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:06 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Didn't watch the video - but honestly if you aren't willing to either choose Chareidi or Dati Leumi - you will have a ton of difficulty.

Is this addressed?
It doesnt ned to be addressed in this video as it is only charedi men who are in the video.

bisbettertheni

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:04 am
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
Does it bring balance? It seems it's focusing on around 8 people who successfully transitioned and are doing financially well in Israel. What about the families that are struggling? What are the actual real numbers? If I interview 100 people that have all won the lottery it might appear that winning the lottery is for everyone. I'm not comparing making a living in Israel to winning the lottery. I'm just saying that this video seems like it's promotional and not intended to give a realistic picture of what it's like to make a living in Israel.

That being said, I would LOVE to make aliya one day!

Lotus: They are trying to give a little short preview of 10 successes so people see that it is possible to have a career in many different fields. There are struggling people and unsuccessful people in every country. Having a good job here is not winning the lottery. It is actually very common, and unfortunately, many people I know think that getting a normal job while living in Israel is impossible. So their short clip gives people an idea "hey maybe I should research possible job opportunities that would make aliya work for us financially" instead of thinking about it for a half a second and shrugging off the idea completely.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:08 am
Another problem for me is that I get about 20 emails every day about families in Israel that are in dire straits. So it makes me think that there is a systemic problem with making a living in Israel.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:16 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Didn't watch the video - but honestly if you aren't willing to either choose Chareidi or Dati Leumi - you will have a ton of difficulty.

Is this addressed?

The video is short.

No, this is not the subject of the video. Most of the people speaking are programmers, IT folks, accountants or other professionals. People with decent professional backgrounds can usually find jobs here, whether they are charedi, DL, or secular.

heidi

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:24 am
DrMom wrote:
People with the sort of backgrounds the people in this video have do not have a problem finding jobs in Israel. This is not new information.

Actually that's why it"s false advertising.
Charedim in America can get educations and thus get jobs in Israel. Where they will promptly be excluded from real charedi life by Israeli charedim for being too modern. This video proves that American charedim can make aliyah to Ramat Bet Shemesh. Period.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:45 am
heidi wrote:
Charedim in America can get educations and thus get jobs in Israel. Where they will promptly be excluded from real charedi life by Israeli charedim for being too modern. This video proves that American charedim can make aliyah to Ramat Bet Shemesh. Period.

Brilliant!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:53 am
heidi wrote:
Thank you. Thats what I wanted to post since watching this video. Its for a very specific sub community. Thats it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:54 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
Another problem for me is that I get about 20 emails every day about families in Israel that are in dire straits. So it makes me think that there is a systemic problem with making a living in Israel.
20 emails does not a problem make.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions