Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Whats A "Tiffany Bracelet" for teens
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:21 pm
Family friend put that on her bat mitzvah wish list....I'm hoping to spend under $150, I'm assuming I could get her a knock off but what is she referring to?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:22 pm
It's a bracelet from Tiffany's, usually silver, that has a charm that's engraved. I would not suggest getting a knockoff, as the teen wants the Tiffany's bracelet. (which is only slightly obscene)

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:24 pm
She is probably referring to this. Was a popular bat mitzvah gift when I had mine 15+ years ago and I still see girls that age now wearing it.

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelr.....1430/

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:25 pm
Don’t get a knockoff. See if you can find someone to chip in or buy something else.

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:29 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
She is probably referring to this. Was a popular bat mitzvah gift when I had mine 15+ years ago and I still see girls that age now wearing it.

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelr.....1430/

This. But they also sell it with the heart blank and it says tiffany & co very small at the top and you can engrave her name on the heart. I would ask the parents which she would prefer. I have the heart with my name on it from AGES ago and I still wear it very regularly.

ETA - I just noticed the price. Wowza, it was $150 when I got mine when I was 16!

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:32 pm
FWIW, I always thought these looked ugly and clunky.

emzod42

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:34 pm
Are those really back in style? I would check with her to make sure that's what she means.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:37 pm
emzod42 wrote:
Are those really back in style? I would check with her to make sure that's what she means.

Tiffany is classic and timeless Smile

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:38 pm
emzod42 wrote:

I don't think these ever went out of style. Although I am not one who cares and I love mine.

emzod42

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:41 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
Tiffany is classic and timeless Smile

In general, yeah, but that bracelet is a pretty specific style that was super popular in the late 90s/early 2000s. I really haven't seen it around much in 20ish years. I know a lot of things are back, but I'd still make sure.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:42 pm
emzod42 wrote:
In general, yeah, but that bracelet is a pretty specific style that was super popular in the late 90s/early 2000s. I really haven't seen it around much in 20ish years. I know a lot of things are back, but I'd still make sure.

I just saw it on my stylish high school cousin in Brooklyn.
Tiffany still sells it. trust me it’s still in. Some things never go out.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:42 pm
Nobody else thinks $400 is an obscene prices for a piece of jewelry for a teenager? I was given mine when I was 35.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:43 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Nobody else thinks $400 is an obscene prices for a piece of jewelry for a teenager? I was given mine when I was 35.

When most of us got it, it was cheaper.

Also, it is age appropriate throughout life- you don’t age out of it.
It holds value (somewhat).
It’s durable.
I think it makes sense.

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:17 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

I agree with the person who said they were cheaper when we got them. I had no idea they had gotten to this price point. I also have the matching necklace (not with the return to Tiffany logo, just a plain heart) when I was 22ish and it was only $250 at that time. I think $400 is a lot for a bat mitzvah gift but if its from the grandparents or a group of relatives, I think its ok if the girl will really appreciate it and understand it's not a cheap thing.

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:48 pm
We chip in with siblings for Tiffany for Bas Mitzvah present for nieces. Does not end up being that much when doing as a group. It’s something they will always wear and is a special milestone present.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:20 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

It depends on the teen.

Today, I'm layering 2 necklaces that I received as a teen. I regularly wear earrings that I wore in high school or college, and a ring that I got in 8th grade, and now have kids in college. If its classic and the recipient takes care of her things, and you can afford it, I have no issue with it.

That said, there are less expensive Return to Tiffany bracelets.

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelr.....6398/

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelr.....2587/

Still above OP's target price, but a nice gift from 2 people.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:48 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

No, I don't think it's so expensive for jewelry for a
a bas mitzvah gift.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:50 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
It depends on the teen.

Today, I'm layering 2 necklaces that I received as a teen. I regularly wear earrings that I wore in high school or college, and a ring that I got in 8th grade, and now have kids in college. If its classic and the recipient takes care of her things, and you can afford it, I have no issue with it.

That said, there are less expensive Return to Tiffany bracelets.

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelr.....6398/

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelr.....2587/

Still above OP's target price, but a nice gift from 2 people.

The second link- the bead bracelet is what’s in style now. It’s $200 and that’s what all the girls are wearing…

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:05 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
No, I don't think it's so expensive for jewelry for a
a bas mitzvah gift.

For a family friend?

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:10 pm
I have 3 teen dds and yes, the classic tiffany bracelet (the one that’s $400, not the cheaper links) is very in right now. My dds got theirs from ebay so it wasn’t as expensive.

Gift cards are always appreciated, that way if a few people give them she could combine them and use to purchase the bracelet. Much better option than a knockoff.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics