Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help me extend her nap

Motherhood

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:40 pm
My baby is 3 months old and naps only 40-45 minutes at a time (which is one sleep cycle). How can I get her to nap for an hour and a half? At night she sleeps very well b”h, but she barely naps. Any ideas?

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:42 pm
Motherhood wrote:
My baby is 3 months old and naps only 40-45 minutes at a time (which is one sleep cycle). How can I get her to nap for an hour and a half? At night she sleeps very well b”h, but she barely naps. Any ideas?

This may just be how your baby is unfortunately. :- ( If you are sleeping her on her back for safety reasons, it may improve when she can roll.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:46 pm
Many babies are like that. My baby cat napped till about a year. It's hard and frustrating but in the realm of normal.

sarahph1

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:22 pm
It's totally normal I think the key was for me was helping my baby learn how to fall asleep on his own - not cry it out and then once he knew that he learnt how to connect his sleep cycles and by five months every so he took was at least an hour and a half
I took the taking Cara babies newborn course and highly recommend

sillymommy

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:02 am
Following.
My baby is 9 months old and still does this. He wakes up from his naps after 40 minutes and cries. If I can get him back to sleep he will sleep for another hour and wake up happy. If I can't, he cries and kvetches until 2 hours later he falls asleep exhausted. (And yes, he sleeps great at night, he can roll, he can even find and insert his own paci. But he's still waking up and not connecting sleep cycles during the day)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics