Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help, filter for Samsung Gizmo tablet - 6 year old!!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:34 pm
Please help, my 6 year old - recently reading and writing - finds workarounds to every restriction I've place on his Samsung Gizmo tablet.

I've worked so hard, setting up parental controls and various restrictions on the tablet, and somehow, he is able to find workarounds to all of them.

Right now, all he wants to watch is police stuff, lego stuff, and firefighter stuff, but I want to protect him from discovering all the not good things that are out there.

He is tired of disney plus and amazon freetime. So first he found youtube and would watch lego videos on there. And then we blocked youtube and now he has figured out how to do a search and go to amazon.com and find things on there.

I need something that will COMPREHENSIVELY make his devise safe instead of what I've been doing, which is just trying my best to block what I can.

Should I try something like gen-tech or tech-lok? Do they work for tablets?

I already have qustodio but maybe my settings are too loose on that?

I'm so NOT tech oriented that it's hard for me to do all this stuff. I just want to be able to do one thing that will filter the whole device. is that possible?

Please advice!!

PS I wish he was not watching anything at all. But that is not the point right now.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:51 pm
gentech works for tablets

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:03 pm
Can you go to TAG? I think they can service you for most major filters. I've gotten techloq and gentech filters from them.

banana split

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:54 pm
My Rav said that apple is the way to go in terms of setting up strong restrictions. So maybe invest in an iPad

Siriusly?

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 2:13 am
The NetSpark filter is a great option for Samsungs (and cheaper than GenTech, which is also great). Techloq only works on Windows PC so that's not an option.

Do you have a local TAG office? They should be able to explain your options and help you install the filter you choose.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:23 pm
that's great! Thank you for your replies!

Does TAG filter devices for kids?

If not, I love the ideas of the filters you all suggested! Thank you!

(And yes, I've heard that apple is better than samsung. TAG once told me that actually. That is bli neder the way to go next time I hope).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children