Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How do you manage this?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:10 pm
Taking your preschooler to school when you have a baby at home? In the freezing winter, to drive, double park and take baby out of car seat, into stroller for a 2 minute deal? How do you do it?

Carpool won't work because lo is still in a carseat. And there is no bussing this young.

Optione

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:15 pm
Is there a morah that stands outside to greet the kids? Then you stay by your car and baby stays put.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:21 pm
Optione wrote:
Is there a morah that stands outside to greet the kids? Then you stay by your car and baby stays put.

I don't think so in this new school

lfab

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:30 pm
How old is the baby? If still young enough that they are in an infant car seat, the ones that click into a base, then bring the baby in while still in the car seat. Others, yeah, as annoying as it is you take the baby out and either carry or put into a stroller. But ask the teachers because some schools will have a teacher stand outside for a few minutes during drop off to take kids from parents in order to avoid this problem.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:34 pm
My kids' preschools always had drop off time, where if you would come from say 8:50-9:10 they would have teachers outside to bring the kids into school. If I was running late then I would have to park and schlep the baby in with me. I had a Graco infant car seat with a snap and go stroller but I would just carry the car seat part and not bother with the stroller.

lucky14

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Taking your preschooler to school when you have a baby at home? In the freezing winter, to drive, double park and take baby out of car seat, into stroller for a 2 minute deal? How do you do it?

Carpool won't work because lo is still in a carseat. And there is no bussing this young.

I did this. It's an inconvenience but not something that is so bad.

4g01o

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:10 am
Doona is your answer 😆

essie14

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:35 am
Fab4 wrote:
Doona is your answer 😆

Exactly what I was going to say.
The Doona was LITERALLY made for this 😂

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 6:06 am
Fab4 wrote:
Doona is your answer 😆

Or an old fashioned infant seat works just as well Smile

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 6:17 am
Our school has a rotating roster of parents assigned to help kids out of their cars in the morning so parents who drive can stay put in their cars and not clog up the drop-off point. Helps keep traffic moving.

Perhaps you can institute something like that in your child's school?

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 6:21 am
DrMom wrote:
Our school has a rotating roster of parents assigned to help kids out of their cars in the morning so parents who drive can stay put in their cars and not clog up the drop-off point. Helps keep traffic moving.

Perhaps you can institute something like that in your child's school?

Love this idea!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:40 pm
What about when its a school thats on a very busy street? And no teachers standing outside?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:44 pm
Can you take turns with other mothers she takes your kids in with hers and you watch her kids in the car and a different day she stands outside and you go in?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children