Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much do you spend on shoes for yourself?
Previous  1  2

How much would you spend on a pair of weekday shoes for yourself?
Under $25  
 7%  [ 18 ]
$25-50  
 28%  [ 68 ]
$50-75  
 19%  [ 47 ]
$75-100  
 17%  [ 41 ]
$100-125  
 10%  [ 24 ]
$125-150  
 5%  [ 13 ]
More than $150  
 10%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 237

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:55 am
I'd want to spend the least possible, but usually end up spending between $50-$150

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
you have a LOT more options than I do - 9.5

Lol me too-size 9.5 or 10.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:55 am
ShishKabob wrote:
It's not a fair poll. The people that need extra comfortable shoes or have foot problems need to spend more money on their every day shoes. Not everyone can wear cheap flats all day.
OP, What are you aiming at?

Just feeling like I overspent on the shoes I bought yesterday (cost $100) and wanted to see what the average was.

I agree that it wasn't too helpful and now I feel guiltier!

I am a hard size (size five) and there's a limited selection... the one plus is that I'm the biggest kid size for styles that are the same for kids and adults (like sneakers). And my feet are on the flatter side so I do need some support.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just feeling like I overspent on the shoes I bought yesterday (cost $100) and wanted to see what the average was.

I am a hard size (size five) and there's a limited selection... the one plus is that I'm the biggest kid size for styles that are the same for kids and adults (like sneakers). And my feet are on the flatter side so I do need some support.

Disclaimer voice to text

It's not about a number necessarily but it's the " price to taste ratio " Let me explain when my dad buys a bottle of Scotch he says that there's a price to taste ratio in $80 bottle of scotch is not necessarily twice as good as a $40 bottle of scotch. Now let's apply this to shoes A $100 pair of shoes is not necessarily better than a $50 pair and if you are spending $100 you have to take into account what your feet are just like when you buy a nice bottle of Scotch you have to take into account the tastes.

Again you can't think of in shoes especially you can't think in terms of expense you know this is more of like a an expense per use if you're going to get your money's worth out of the shoe if you're these are your everyday shoes and you need them because they're comfortable and they fit and they have all the right supports for your feet then spend the money and especially you use it the more over time you know if you wear those shoes for a hundred days that's a dollar a day I think anybody would agree that your feet are worth at least a dollar a day.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ Brass ] wrote:
I have difficult feet I guess.
Most “regular” shoes that I order online or are standard just don’t support my foot.
Truthfully I should probably wear sneakers all day.
I buy my shoes at Shoe Palace in Boro Park. The shoes fit me well and support me and are comfortable the way shoes should feel.
I pay whatever the shoes cost, usually around $120. Usually one new pair of weekday shoes a season. I need to throw them out after a while or my knees/ankles etc will be affected.
Everyone has to spend on something else...

this! I couldve written this post!

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Well, I have small feet too (5-5.5) and wear mostly ferragamo’s or StuArt weitzman brand. I buy them on sale but they still cost way more than $150. However, I can wear the same shoe for 3 years at least and usually have a spare $20 hm shoe per season that I use so they don’t get abused.
Sharing so you can feel better about your purchase.

bsy

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:36 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
It's not a fair poll. The people that need extra comfortable shoes or have foot problems need to spend more money on their every day shoes. Not everyone can wear cheap flats all day.
OP, What are you aiming at?

This. I wear orthodics that cost close to 400. And need good shoes that will fit with the orthodics. I usually end up paying around 80 to 110 for a pair of weekday shoes. Otherwise, I'm in a lot of pain.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics