Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do you get free or reduced yeshiva tuition

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:46 pm
Because you or your husband work in a school? Is this a benefit that most schools offer? Do you need to work full-time?

Posting because our tuition bills are beginning to climb as more of our kids enter school.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:49 pm
Is that how it works? I would gain more from being a teacher at the school than working at my current job 😃

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:52 pm
I'm a hebrew teacher in a girls' school in Lakewood. I get free tuition for all of my girls (and that means I don't pay for registration or any other school fees.) Basically I don't pay anything for my daughters to go to school.

I keep that in mind as part of my salary which is one of the reasons I still work in a school. Based on Lakewood tuition each girl is worth more than 5,000 per year seeing as it isn't taxable income either.

I'm very grateful my school offers for all girls. I don't know if that's the norm.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:01 pm
I work in a preschool (full time) and get 50 % discount but only for the first kid

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:03 pm
My husband is a Rebbi and we got free tuition from preschool through grade 8 for all of our boys. I'm very grateful. It's a huge bonus. Because of this were we able to save up to buy a home.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:12 pm
That’s amazing!!

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:50 pm
I work in a school office and get about 75% reduction. Definitely a nice perk, and it's also nice being on the same schedule as the kids.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:33 pm
My husband works in both the yeshiva and school our kids attend. We get free tuition in the yeshiva but reduced tuition in the school.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:43 pm
Whoa. This sounds amazing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:26 pm
Thanks everyone. My husband would like to be a Rebbi one day and I'm hoping that we'll at least benefit from tuition breaks. Although I have mostly girls so it would have to be just the right type of arrangement to get a real chunk covered. I can hope Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics