Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Are you a teacher?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 6:04 pm
What do you most appreciate getting as a gift to acknowledge appreciation at the end of the year (besides for money)? I know a nice card is most important. I’ve already given a check with a nice, personal card for Purim. Now just want something small ($25 range) that I can gift to thank teachers and wrap up the year with a short note. Your input is appreciated...

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 6:24 pm
I once gifted a Co teacher a mani + $10 Starbucks gc

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 6:40 pm
You can't go wrong with a boxed ice coffee and nice chocolate. I've also gotten nice tea boxes which always get used. A cute tote bag is always useful if you have a sense of her style.

cbg

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:11 pm
I second the tea box filled with tea
Acrylic is always nice

Last edited by cbg on Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:11 pm
Gift card

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:39 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
You can't go wrong with a boxed ice coffee and nice chocolate. I've also gotten nice tea boxes which always get used. A cute tote bag is always useful if you have a sense of her style.

You can never go wrong with anything, nothing is expected and the gesture is always appreciated, but I'm a teacher who doesn't drink coffee and doesn't like chocolate Wink
Actually, my co-teacher this year also avoids both because she's off dairy for nursing.

OP, my honest answer is if you're able to spend $25 (which is really generous!) best is to give a gift card or cash. If your budget was more like $5 I could see why you'd want to send a gift. But $25 is a really nice amount, and if you send a gift card or cash you can know for sure it will be used and appreciated.

dankbar

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:44 pm
Fancy water bottle, coffee thermos, insulated cup for keeping drinks cold that you put into freezer, ( you can write Raizy drank up all your lessons) you can fill it with candy or choco.
gift card to ice cream store or book store.
Jewelry roll, cosmetics bag, anything for traveling.
Slush machine

s1

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 7:01 pm
If she has kids then a nice game for her kids is cute. Or a voucher for something that she can treat herself to.

trixx

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:20 pm
Honestly I wouldn't want any of the above. Just the cash pls. It's not unclassy.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 11:26 pm
as a teacher, im often strapped for cash... those gift cards literally sometimes save me... whereas gifts are nice, but sometimes I have nothing to do with them... and sometimes I regift them and save money that way

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:26 am
I am! Gift cards are the best! If you give a $25 gift card to a local cafe the teachers will be able to pick up a drink and salad one day after work and feel like a queen! A student gave me a gift card to a local hosiery store, it was so helpful to the budget when stocking up on basics for my kids. Gift cards are probably most appreciated as gifts can be hit or miss.
One year a darling parent gifted me with a luxury decorative item for my home. I enjoyed the packaging and discovering what was inside but wasn’t sure what to do with it since the luxurious ness of it kind of made my stained, ripped carpeting look worse 😂.
If you’d prefer a gift idea why not go with a cool havdalah candle? Everyone needs another one of those eventually.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:40 pm
How abt gift card to a local cafe?

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How abt gift card to a local cafe?

1) make sure the teacher lives in the community. If she commutes it's not always worth it for her to come to use it
2) make sure it's enough to actually cover a meal- so she doesn't have to add money to use it.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 9:40 pm
If you are spending $5 most do little jars from the dollar store with candy. I love homemade food but it puts me in an awkward position because of allergies so I never recommend that. If you have $25 then I second gift card to a local restaurant or store.

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:33 pm
I'm a teacher. Please, gift card. Any amount. I always appreciate it, even 5$ for coffee. The rest ends up as clutter. I know people see physical gifts as thoughtful, but to me it's most thoughtful when people realize I don't need another candle or picture frame, and would enjoy choosing my own gift. I definitely save the notes that students write me and go back to them on hard days, so I really appreciate those as well.

proudmomma

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:03 am
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
I'm a teacher. Please, gift card. Any amount. I always appreciate it, even 5$ for coffee. The rest ends up as clutter. I know people see physical gifts as thoughtful, but to me it's most thoughtful when people realize I don't need another candle or picture frame, and would enjoy choosing my own gift. I definitely save the notes that students write me and go back to them on hard days, so I really appreciate those as well.

This! 100%
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics