Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
My bathroom is in crisis mode, please help me!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:42 pm
I haven't had cleaning help in 16 months, and I can't keep up anymore. My upstairs bathroom has taken me over. Can someone please recommend what products to use for the following? Please be kind, I know it's gross, I work FT, and I just can't manage to keep up..

Shower/bathroom wall tiles feel slimy, and white grout is now pink. It's horrible. What's the easiest way to clean both the tiles and grout? I can't use a very strong products, its not good for me to inhale them ( strong ones like bleach)

The ceiling of the bathroom with shower and tub is also tiles. I can't reach them. I see like mildew spots. How do I clean, and with what? It's so high up!!

My tub is a stupid jacuzzi, super deep, with those stupid holes that get all full of black gook and disgusting and gross. I've tried using a toothbrush, but it's super hard to reach as it's deep and is killing my back. How do I clean those stupid holes? And the bathtub in general, when it's so deep?

Any assistance, and links for products would be so graciously appreciated. Ty!

Goldie613

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:57 pm
I know this sounds odd, but a barely damp mop or a squeegee cleaning thing could work for the high up tiles and ceiling.

I've used Scrubbing bubbles stuff before - just spritz it, wait a bit and wipe. Someone may know something better though. https://www.scrubbingbubbles.c.....ducts

In terms of the tub, I haven't tried this myself, but I saw someone on youtube suggest using the powdered soap you use for a dishwasher (though a number of people in the comments suggested removing the jets, cleaning them, and going from there).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KvW6X0wTDk

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:00 pm
I have all the same questions as you. I started watching cleaning videos on YouTube and I see that people get into the tub to do the strong scrubbing

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 6:57 am
Bump, please??

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 7:02 am
Can you afford to save up enough money to hire a professional cleaning service? Just have them do a deep clean on all the bathrooms. I think it would be worth it.

(Your average cleaning lady will not do a good job, not as clean as you need it. She's just for maintenance.)

Work on giving everything a quick swipe once a week to maintain it. The wet wipes that come in packets are really easy.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:07 am
Might not be the smartest but if you spray bleach on all these places, leave for a few minutes then come back a wipe...its a miracle.
After that then you can purchase some cleaning products to use every day to keep it fresh.
Clean shower or just spray and go is good for bath or shower.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics