Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does anyone sell clothes on eBay or the like?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:46 am
My youngest will Bh b going to school next yr. I’m thinking about selling new brand name clothes online. I’m constantly invited to private sales. And thought maybe if I buy them at the sale price I can sell for profit. Does anyone do this? What platform is the best to sell? I know I won’t be making a bomb off this. But it might be a good way to start back into the work force. I’m not rdy to commit to full time. And want to b my own boss.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 9:03 am
I crosslist on ebay, Poshmark, and Mercari. I only sell old clothes of my own (or the occasional extremely low-priced thrift store find). Before you get into this, I would check previously sold listings. You may be surprised at how low resale values can be. If there's a $500 dress on sale for $300, that doesn't mean someone will buy it for $400. I've had $500 dresses I sold for maybe $45. Plus the sites take fees that can be 10-20%. Buying to resell can often only be lucrative if the price is very cheap for you to buy.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 9:03 am
I never did but I heard that people sell clothes for profit on kidizen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics