Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
PANDAS: would you treat with traditional meds or holistic?
Previous  1  2

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:48 pm
Hi I actually suffered from pandas as a child I had ocd tendencies and other symptoms Dr Otalora Levin Carmen (chiropractor) in lakewood helped me immensely sending me to someone who gave me alot of natural vitamins and put me on a regimen I was a new person after that ...also alot of eggs and chicken (high protein diet) helps too...hope this helps

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 5:18 am
For the posters asking for DR recommendations, If you are in America go to the pandas website, http://pandasnetwork.org/us-pr.....TEMAP look at the providers by your state and research the names to see if any of them treat holistically. There are probably other providers but this is a good start. Mine is listed on here, but I don't want to state my location.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 5:51 am
can someone post a full list of vitamis that they got recomemded.
I see that someone said tumaric. I will try that.
We got recommended a high dose of omega 3, vitamin D and a a combo b vitamins. in addition to daily antibiotics. For bad days also advil.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:51 am
Jewishmom8 wrote:
can someone post a full list of vitamis that they got recomemded.
I see that someone said tumaric. I will try that.
We got recommended a high dose of omega 3, vitamin D and a a combo b vitamins. in addition to daily antibiotics. For bad days also advil.
we use magnesium, electrolytes, vit k2, whole food c, gaba, l theanine, nac or glutathione, 5htp, methylated b complex, extra b1 and b2, blis k12 probiotics and then some herbal protocols to address the infections we are dealing with, plus neuro inflammation. Gluten free dairy free reduced sugar diet.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:15 am
Jewish mom
Ty! How do u get a6 yr old on such a strict diet?
Sugar free?
I find the emotional stress is also the cause of it

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:23 am
I am not able to have my child on a strict diet.
It would not work now at all.
I also use a strong probiotic.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:44 pm
My kids that have pandas would not be able to do any form of the vitamins and food restrictions. Part of their pandas is fear of throwing up/choking and they eat only specific foods. One panda lost so much weight from fear of eating that we couldn’t even give antibiotics of choice .... so I guess whole vitamin regime isn’t practical for us. I beg my child to just chew the vitamin D and that’s a whole challenge

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 4:13 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
My kids that have pandas would not be able to do any form of the vitamins and food restrictions. Part of their pandas is fear of throwing up/choking and they eat only specific foods. One panda lost so much weight from fear of eating that we couldn’t even give antibiotics of choice .... so I guess whole vitamin regime isn’t practical for us. I beg my child to just chew the vitamin D and that’s a whole challenge
yes, it’s a challenge, and many times compounded when there are food issues, fears, phobias, and extreme oppositional behavior. The good news is that the more they heal, the easier it is to get them to comply. would they do patches? Footsoaks? Sometimes homeopathic remedies work wonders until the kid is well enough to do more.

I forgot to add in my list of supplements that we also use digestive enzymes.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:57 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
yes, it’s a challenge, and many times compounded when there are food issues, fears, phobias, and extreme oppositional behavior. The good news is that the more they heal, the easier it is to get them to comply. would they do patches? Footsoaks? Sometimes homeopathic remedies work wonders until the kid is well enough to do more.

I forgot to add in my list of supplements that we also use digestive enzymes.

What kind of Dr would you go to go get these patches/footsoaks?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
What kind of Dr would you go to go get these patches/footsoaks?
you can order the patches yourself from patch md and the ingredients for the footsoaks on Amazon

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:04 pm

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:41 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Can you please share some of the vitamins and natural way...

moodtek.com - Celltonix solution. I gave my DD half a bottle and we saw improvement within 2 days!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 10:52 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
We are working with a nutritionist that works for Supreme health in monsey. She has many success stories for those dealing with pandas and follow her regimen. My sons on the vitamins for almost 3 weeks and b"h we see tremendous improvement! Don't forget, his numbers were high and my pediatrician did not want to treat it! I'm so happy we went this route. A mother knows her child best.

Hi im bumping up this thread. Are u still with that same nutritionist? My dc was clean for 2 years and it came back. Would love to stay out of the medications this time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics