Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Another camp BY question

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 10:36 pm
Where do the girls keep their things?
In drawers, cubbies or do they bring their own plastic drawers?
How do they organize their pj’s, underwear, shirts, swim things?

(First time anxious mother)

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:34 am
My daughter went last year. She brought a three plastic draws for underwear pajamas etc and a big bin for nosh/food.

She insisted it can’t be clear so no one can see in.
Amazon link
I got this in pink from Walmart

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:55 am
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
My daughter went last year. She brought a three plastic draws for underwear pajamas etc and a big bin for nosh/food.

She insisted it can’t be clear so no one can see in.
Amazon link
I got this in pink from Walmart

Thanks
How did she get the drawers there?

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks
How did she get the drawers there?

Tape it from top to bottom and around the front to seal the drawers. Put her name on the tape. Lots of girls do it. I bought the same brown ones as amother above.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 12:47 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
Tape it from top to bottom and around the front to seal the drawers. Put her name on the tape. Lots of girls do it. I bought the same brown ones as amother above.

Thanks- I meant how does she bring it on the bus?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:08 pm
It's like a piece of luggage. Load it with clothes (not with anything heavy!). Also will save your DD the unpacking. It goes under the bus.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:19 pm
Chayalle wrote:
It's like a piece of luggage. Load it with clothes (not with anything heavy!). Also will save your DD the unpacking. It goes under the bus.

Do not bring it with her to the bus. It leaves on Sunday, along with the rest of her luggage. Put on a luggage tag just like you do for the suitcases.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:20 pm
I always kept my stuff just in the cubbies they provide, and it was enough space. She doesn’t need to bring the plastic drawers, but can if she wants to.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:20 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
Do not bring it with her to the bus. It leaves on Sunday, along with the rest of her luggage. Put on a luggage tag just like you do for the suitcases.

Thank you! Are you sure camp BY allows the drawers in addition to the duffel bag and storage bin for food? Are they strict?

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! Are you sure camp BY allows the drawers in addition to the duffel bag and storage bin for food? Are they strict?

Not sure, but most probably yes. The draws are hard plastic and can crack easily, cushioning them by taping them surrounded by cardboard is a good idea

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:24 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
I always kept my stuff just in the cubbies they provide, and it was enough space. She doesn’t need to bring the plastic drawers, but can if she wants to.

My DD's definitely did not find the cubbies to be sufficient. Plus they don't want their personal stuff in the cubbies.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's been a few years, but I remember that some years we paid per piece of luggage, and some years we paid a luggage fee and that was it.

Gonna see, I guess, what they are currently doing....sending my youngest this summer for the first time...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 9:13 am
Chayalle wrote:
It's been a few years, but I remember that some years we paid per piece of luggage, and some years we paid a luggage fee and that was it.

Gonna see, I guess, what they are currently doing....sending my youngest this summer for the first time...

Chayalle- can you tell me how it worked out with the drawers? Did they allow it? Did lots of girls bring?
Someone told me some girls put clothing in bins but that seems harder to deal with when looking for something every day.
Getting ready for second half...

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 9:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Chayalle- can you tell me how it worked out with the drawers? Did they allow it? Did lots of girls bring?
Someone told me some girls put clothing in bins but that seems harder to deal with when looking for something every day.
Getting ready for second half...

W
I went to CBY for many years, extra drawers aren't needed but she can bring if she wants. There were always girls who brought.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
W
I went to CBY for many years, extra drawers aren't needed but she can bring if she wants. There were always girls who brought.

So how did you pack your things? Where did you put your shirts, underwear etc?

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 9:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So how did you pack your things? Where did you put your shirts, underwear etc?

My daughter is there now.
She didn't bring drawers. She said the cubbies are enough for her clothes. She brought three containers for things like socks, underwear, toiletries, etc. One is a cloth bin (not see through) so she could keep her underwear in there. The other two are clear plastic containers.

She says that its plenty and she has enough space for everything.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 10:00 am
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
My daughter is there now.
She didn't bring drawers. She said the cubbies are enough for her clothes. She brought three containers for things like socks, underwear, toiletries, etc. One is a cloth bin (not see through) so she could keep her underwear in there. The other two are clear plastic containers.

She says that its plenty and she has enough space for everything.

If you bought online can you show me which size bins?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics