Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Pastrami pieces

lucky14

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 12:22 pm
I was given some raw pastrami chunks from someone who got in a food box and I have no idea what to do with it.
My family doesn't usually like the typical pastrami.
Is there some way to cook them in the crockpot so it will be a bit more interesting (potatoes, carrots, onions, some kind of sauce, etc?). Suggestions please and be specific about cook times if possible because I'm really clueless.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 12:28 pm
lucky14 wrote:
I was given some raw pastrami chunks from someone who got in a food box and I have no idea what to do with it.
Is there some way to cook them in the crockpot so it will be a bit more interesting (potatoes, carrots, onions, some kind of sauce, etc?). Suggestions please and be specific about cook times if possible because I'm really clueless.

I dont know about cooking them, but I use them in two way:
Either heat in a pan nd saute with onions, add BBQ sauce and use as salad topping
Or fry & use as soup croutons.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:09 pm
Lovable wrote:
I dont know about cooking them, but I use them in two way:
Either heat in a pan nd saute with onions, add BBQ sauce and use as salad topping
Or fry & use as soup croutons.

You so this with big chunks or like the strips of pastrami?
Maybe I'll do the bbq sauce idea. Except whenever I do meat in a pan it always comes out tough... (Which is why I was hoping for a crockpot recipe).

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:10 pm
You can cook/bake it in sauce and do pulled pastrami tacos or sandwiches.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:17 pm
lucky14 wrote:
You so this with big chunks or like the strips of pastrami?
Maybe I'll do the bbq sauce idea. Except whenever I do meat in a pan it always comes out tough... (Which is why I was hoping for a crockpot recipe).

If theyre too big, just cube to smaller pieces

PineappleMom

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:43 pm
Cut into small cubes for salad. As is or fried.
We also sliced and grilled them.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 2:21 pm
lucky14 wrote:

You can definitely make it into a stew like that. It doesn't need much time, just enough to cook through the potatoes and carrots (3 hours high or 6 hours low). It can be similar to an Irish cabbage & corned beef. Just toss the veggies with oil, salt and pepper very generously, then mix in the corned beef. It will make its own gravy.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 9:15 pm
Thanks everyone. I put it in a crockpot with some bbq sauce for a couple of hours and served it over rice. Came out delicious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics