Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Need a rebetzin or a bubby for my daughter
Previous  1  2

amother
Carnation

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:29 am
Rebbetzin Cohen gives shiurim for women in Lakewood. She focuses a lot in marriage but single girls go. (The shiurim are amazing!)
Your daughter could go and introduce herself there.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:48 pm
When my dd needed to speak to someone about something shidduch related, she went to Rebbetzin Cohen, who she had never met before. She found her very down to earth and practical and really helped her clarify things. She did not find her intimidating. She's very warm but in a blunt way. It's an interesting combination but it works.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:50 pm
The shiurim are amazing, and I love going, but she can make strong statements which might scare OP's daughter off. I found her to be much less extreme and more relatable and understanding when I spoke to her privately. It's definitely worth the phone call.
OP, did your daughter go to Bais Shaindel? I know a friend of mine was close to someone there.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:48 pm
Reb Cohen is the first person I mentioned to her. I am a big fan of hers. She may try her if nothing else but like someone just mentioned she is blunt which I love but for my daughter may be too much. This isn't only about shiduchim she needs guidance and clarity for life. Thanks everyone . WHo.is Leah trenk?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:50 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
What's your daughter's style/type?
innocent, very frum, very sincere. Davens 3x day...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:52 pm
Turquoise3 wrote:
Mrs.E.G. Krishevsky
can you give me more info?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:56 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I agree.
18 is still pretty young. Did she just graduate high school? Go to seminary? Does she have a job?
Make sure that is in place before jumping into the shidduch world! Most girls don't get suggestions till at least 19 these days when they are a bit more settled.
she's almost 19 but I'm not pushing bec of shiduchim. I want her to be happy and she needs clarity. Not just for getting married but for now! She just finished sem. I'm not pushing her into dating but I will push her to get the right help she needs for now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:01 am
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
I totally get it. I'm like that too.
I happy someone gets it. She's such a sweet innocent girl but such an introvert. She has so much to offer but I feel she isn't confident enough. This affects so many things.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
innocent, very frum, very sincere. Davens 3x day...

That's good, but I really meant more like what style would she appreciate in a mentor. Like is there a type of speaker or teacher she prefers (or doesn't prefer). Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Turquoise3

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 1:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can you give me more info?

She's a rebbitzin/KT older lady. years and years of experience. very practical and tailoring to the individual. I had positive experience both for dating and marriage/life guidance

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Reb Cohen is the first person I mentioned to her. I am a big fan of hers. She may try her if nothing else but like someone just mentioned she is blunt which I love but for my daughter may be too much. This isn't only about shiduchim she needs guidance and clarity for life. Thanks everyone . WHo.is Leah trenk?

Wife of R' Dovid Trenk z'l. She gave parenting classes in Lakewood for years.

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 11:03 am
I am not OP, but I was wondering how I can get more info about Reb. Cohen's shiurim and/ or her contract info.

Thank you.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 11:12 am
(732) 367-4789
This is the number for information about her shiurim. It is updated weekly to let you know if the shiurim are as scheduled or cancelled and repeats the schedule. It’s a machine no one answers.

732-370-8239
This is her home number. It’s in the smart list - I just looked it up for you. Her husband is R Simcha Bunim - in case you want to look it up yourself at some point.

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 11:32 am
Op,

I just want to say that your are doing an amazing thing for your daughter- many girls need clarity on different things. Now is the time- I know too many girls that waited because they thought time would change things but they didn’t and now they are stuck. Ignore the naysayers and kol hakovod!

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 11:33 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
(732) 367-4789
This is the number for information about her shiurim. It is updated weekly to let you know if the shiurim are as scheduled or cancelled and repeats the schedule. It’s a machine no one answers.

732-370-8239
This is her home number. It’s in the smart list - I just looked it up for you. Her husband is R Simcha Bunim - in case you want to look it up yourself at some point.

Thank you so much!

Perrys

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 1:01 pm
Maybe Rebbitzen Halberstadt

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 1:18 am
Can she reach out to one of her teachers from High School or Seminary?
Especially Seminary - it's very normal for students to call and talk things thru.
The first call might be slightly awkward but they are used to it, and do this all the time...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries