Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Teacher gifts, dividing fairly

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 7:31 am
Hi, I am collecting money for my kids class teachers. There are 2 teachers, one who teaches 1 hour a day, not all the kids, the other teacher the rest of the day all the kids.

The teacher who teaches one hour a day has been ill since pesach and there has been a subsitute. Also, the school was locked down for about 2 months this year from January and she did very little remote teaching imo. No live lessons, she set work but it wasn't done well. In general I am very unhappy with this teacher and my kid can't stand her and nor can some other kids in the class. The good news is that she is moving so will no longer be teaching in this school. The subsitute is lovely, and the kids like her classes.

So I have collected a sum of money. Should I divide the money I got from the parents of the kids who attend the extra class 50/50? 75/20? Its a not a huge sum of money to begin with and I feel it will end up being an insulting sum. But I also feel although the other teacher was terrible should we be giving her more since she is leaving?

When I was collecting money one parent actually said I am giving for Ms x (the sub) not Ms Y. (the reg teacher)

imasinger

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 7:33 am
I'd ask the administration for guidance.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 7:38 am
this is a parent led initiative, not run by admin. I'm hoping the PA will be buying a leaving gift for Ms. Y.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics