Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Shefa school

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 7:51 pm
Hi anyone here send to shefa ? I am possibly looking into it, my child would definitely meet the requirements as she has a language based learning disability and such ( although I don’t have a nero physiological) . Right now we are still kinda holding on in our mainstream school going to see what the next grade brings but I feel I should have all my information now to be prepared. What would be the difference between this and let’s say Sinai? Bh my child is not misbehaving in school and works hard. It just takes long to get every concept. I am hoping I don’t need to switch but I might have to. we are doing othaim gillingham for reading out of school.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 7:56 pm
I know many people in Teaneck who have sent. I personally do not have experience. If you are in Teaneck/Bergenfield you can definitely post anonymous on FB in the Teaneck/Bergenfield Jewish moms. I am sure many people have sent to both and would be happy to share their experiences.

Best of luck.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 7:57 pm
I'm not a parent there but I have looked into the model a lot. Language based learning disabilities is their expertise, so they're approaching every subject with "how do we teach this to a kid with a language based learning disability". I do think that if that's the kids main issue, they do a far better job treating it than any other program can. Sinai is just any special Ed needs, so your child gets individualized attention for their needs, not the same classes treating the overarching issue. I think it's great for the kids who need it. (big thing to think about is are you comfortable with it not actually being a religious Jewish education)

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 8:04 pm
Yes both my brothers went there and it's an amazing school!! The staff is great! The way they teach kids is superb!
The only down fall is that they don't teach Jewish studies that much so the religious aspect isn't really there def no Chumash, Rashi, parsha
The teachers are mostly very very modern/ conservative and some not Jewish
So if the judiac studies plays a role in your decision I just want to let you know that that is an area which I feel they are lacking and they are suppppeeerrrt expensive
But overall amazing school!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:03 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Yes both my brothers went there and it's an amazing school!! The staff is great! The way they teach kids is superb!
The only down fall is that they don't teach Jewish studies that much so the religious aspect isn't really there def no Chumash, Rashi, parsha
The teachers are mostly very very modern/ conservative and some not Jewish
So if the judiac studies plays a role in your decision I just want to let you know that that is an area which I feel they are lacking and they are suppppeeerrrt expensive
But overall amazing school!!

From the videos I saw it looks like they do teach Hebrew , is it just more modern ? I want my child to have a jewish education but honestly we are not up to rashi but I think learning another alphabet is really a lot for a child like this . I did see the price which is eye popping but what I do ? depending on what happens next school year what choice would I have ? I just also don’t want to pull away the social life which is one area my child is thriving. We are still in early grades and have had issues since preschool with the learning part .

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 9:50 pm
Op my son sounds exactly like your daughter and I am also looking into Shefa. Any updates?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics