Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
There is hope - UPDATE!
Previous  1  2  3

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:46 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
She absolutely LOVES he coworkers and her boss. She says the boss is laid back and fair, and everyone has fun and gets along well. Starbucks now gives all kinds of benefits to it's employees, and there is a fast track to management if you want to take it.

My very first job was as a barista in a fancy-pants book store, and I loved every minute of it. It's hard work, but not as hard as being a bartender. I found working in fast food to be even harder still, for much less money.

Voice to text I've just heard that from entitled customers to the secret menu issue it can be really hard so total kudos

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:08 pm
singleagain wrote:
Voice to text I've just heard that from entitled customers to the secret menu issue it can be really hard so total kudos

What's the secret menu issue? My interest is piqued

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:09 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
What's the secret menu issue? My interest is piqued

Voice to text

It's twofold One is that there are the secret menu drinks floating around on tick-tock with these crazy names and people going and expect the barista to know the name It's like they don't know what an upside-down mermaid unicorn is and the other thing is that the special fancy drinks usually take a long time to make and long time to make and people are are sometimes impatient and it kind of disrupts the flow in the middle of a rush there was a barista who just got fired because they tweeted number you know this you know why I sometimes hate my job with a picture of one of these crazy drinks

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:10 pm
singleagain wrote:

DD loves making things from the secret menu. She feels like a mad scientist, LOL! She also likes that people usually tip better if they ask you to make something fancy. Wink

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:11 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
DD loves making things from the secret menu. She feels like a mad scientist, LOL! She also likes that people usually tip better if they ask you to make something fancy. Wink

Sounds like a lot of fun

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:14 pm
singleagain wrote:
Voice to text

It's twofold One is that there are the secret menu drinks floating around on tick-tock with these crazy names and people going and expect the barista to know the name It's like they don't know what an upside-down mermaid unicorn is and the other thing is that the special fancy drinks usually take a long time to make and long time to make and people are are sometimes impatient and it kind of disrupts the flow in the middle of a rush there was a barista who just got fired because they tweeted number you know this you know why I sometimes hate my job with a picture of one of these crazy drinks

What happened? I can't follow the voice to text.

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:23 pm
Starbucks has awesome employee perks. They may help her pay for school. They also give Lyft credits to get home safe after long shifts, and are generally pretty cool company to work for. Best of luck!

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:24 pm
Happy birthday to your DD, FF! What an incredible young lady, and a testament to the strength of your relationship!❤️
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children