Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Missed period after covid vaccine
Previous  1  2

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 10:24 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
You must be right, Dr. Stone. You can diagnose a patient without seeing them and do an even better job than their own doctor. Wow!

Missed periods don't cause infection. They are a potential sign of infection.
Sorry if it doesn't fit with your agenda.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:25 am
I personally did not have any changes in my period after getting either shot. I have had changes in my period from other things in life. Flying internationally always brings my period on early. Getting an MRI delays my period. Why? I have no idea, but neither of these things affect my fertility except in the strict sense that I probably would not have conceived those particular months because my cycle was weird.

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:30 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:

Totally with stone one this one. When the “blood stayed there”, do you mean her uterine lining didn’t shed? That wouldn’t cause an infection, it’s live body tissue. Or do you mean that it did, but the blood somehow just pooled in her uterus? That doesn’t even make theoretical sense.
For the record, I haven’t gotten my vaccine yet because I am concerned about potential long term side effects and I have antibodies from when I had covid. But we can debate the vaccine logically, not make up stories.

Nurse practitioner here.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 1:38 am
Often it’s the other way. A heavier period with a fever and stronger cramps. My sister said about half her friends experienced this the period after the vaccine.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 1:40 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
You must be right, Dr. Stone. You can diagnose a patient without seeing them and do an even better job than their own doctor. Wow!

Since when does one have to be a doctor to point out basic common knowledge about medical stuff?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 5:40 am
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
You mean like hormonal birth control?
the difference is that we know how hormonal birth control works and we don't understand this. hormonal birth control is intended to interfere with the menstrual cycle. the same can't be said for the covid vaccine.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 6:04 am
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
the difference is that we know how hormonal birth control works and we don't understand this. hormonal birth control is intended to interfere with the menstrual cycle. the same can't be said for the covid vaccine.

All of this is true, however

“And Im in total wonderment of how anyone is ok with messing up their cycle knowingly”

Are the exact words I was responding to

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:06 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
This does not make sense. You don't get uterus infections just by missing a period and "having the blood stay there too long."

Yup that's what happend she had to be on antibiotucs for two weeks and was in pain the whole time

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:10 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
This is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time

Wow your so rude
No ACTAULLY IT WAS FROM THE VACCINE AS THAT IS EXSCTLY WHAT THE DOCTOR TOLD HER AND HE SAID HES BEEN SEEING SO MANY EXAMPLE LIKE THIS AFTER THE VACCINE CAMD OUT

Ik ur a NP but maybe speak to some obgyns before thinking you know everything

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:28 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:

No, you're right. Whatever you say must be the truth. You are the patient's doctor after all. You even examined her. Thanks for your expertise!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:39 am
I had two cycles that were slightly longer than usual after my second dose. That was not bad for me because my cycles are terribly short.

After two months, it was back to normal.

Lovable

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:50 am
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
All of this is true, however

“And Im in total wonderment of how anyone is ok with messing up their cycle knowingly”

Are the exact words I was responding to

Very funny. You knew exactly what I meant
Thank you Amother Poinsettia for spelling it out

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:04 pm
Studies show that more than 25% of women who had covid experienced temporary changes in their menstrual cycle. So it makes perfect sense that the same would be true of the vaccine.

But somehow no one is freaking out that having covid may impact fertility. Even though, of course, its difficult to get pregnant if you're dead.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:04 pm
My period was different, but present. Almost every change in your life can mess up your period. Stress, vaccines, heck - many women on birth control control their period by pushing them off. One missed period doesn't equal - messes with fertility.

Anyway apparently rumor has it that in 5 years all the vaccinated will die, so who will argue with you then. Only the likeminded anti-vaxxers will survive. (ch"v.)

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
Studies show that more than 25% of women who had covid experienced temporary changes in their menstrual cycle. So it makes perfect sense that the same would be true of the vaccine.

But somehow no one is freaking out that having covid may impact fertility. Even though, of course, its difficult to get pregnant if you're dead.

People don't choose if they get covid or not. They choose if they want the vaccine or not. And that's up to each person to decide if the risks of the vaccine are worth it to them.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
People don't choose if they get covid or not. They choose if they want the vaccine or not. And that's up to each person to decide if the risks of the vaccine are worth it to them.

Sure, they choose whether to get covid or not. A year ago, no. But now, they can choose between the vaccine and the disease, pretty much. Given how contagious it is, its not likely that all that many people will escape one or the other.

But its your choice.

It doesn't make sense to me to risk the disease for a side effect that appears to be similar or identical in the disease and the vaccine, given the other risks of the disease, but, again, that's your choice.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
Sure, they choose whether to get covid or not. A year ago, no. But now, they can choose between the vaccine and the disease, pretty much. Given how contagious it is, its not likely that all that many people will escape one or the other.

But its your choice.

It doesn't make sense to me to risk the disease for a side effect that appears to be similar or identical in the disease and the vaccine, given the other risks of the disease, but, again, that's your choice.

People who got the vaccine are still getting covid. So no, you don't choose to get covid.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 2:28 pm
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
Yup that's what happend she had to be on antibiotucs for two weeks and was in pain the whole time

How do you know it's because "the blood stayed there too long" from a missed period? And why does this not happen to all women who have irregular periods or who skip their periods with the pill?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics