Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
HP fan fiction
Previous  1  2

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 6:20 am
There is a Facebook book group called OLUF. Orthodox ladies United in fandom. It's all sorts of fandom not just Harry Potter but they might know what Harry Potter fanfics are clean

cbsp

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 7:05 am
I posted this on a different thread :

I enjoyed this when it first came out before book 7

Rowena's Quill
https://kressel.livejournal.com/55361.html

It's written by a frum woman but I think there's still some relationship stuff (on par with whatever had been in HP up until that point)

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:48 am
Perhaps it's worth steering her to other fantasy series. Harry Potter sparked a lot of different series.
Trying to remember what else 14yo ds enjoys, I know he's into Skulduggery Pleasant, think it's by Derek Landy. The Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage was also good. And there's more but I can't think of them now.
Personally I would prefer my kids to branch out and discover new worlds and other good books, rather than read often poorly written fan-fiction. I also found much of fan-fiction involves strange love triangles and explicit scenes, which I would not want my kids reading.

gamanit

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 4:59 pm
There are websites that you put the URL of a fanfiction story and you can then download it as a PDF.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club