Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Choppy or no service in my apartment for almost 3 weeks now.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 5:03 am
It literally happened out of nowhere.
Calls fail
Calls also get cut off (imagine getting a call from a nurse telling you what to do and you’re both like “hello, hello?!!”)
Video chats are frozen and choppy.

I use at&t and I have an iPhone 11
I went to the store to ask what I can do and they said I should enable wifi calling on my phone

Dude. Not everyone has wifi. We don’t have wifi and I’m not sure my husband even wants it. I told him we don’t have wifi in our apartment and he said to ask a neighbor for their wifi password. Personally not comfortable “stealing” someone’s wifi.
And this is only in my apartment. Outside the actual apartment building the service goes back on my phone or I get 5G E again. Usually it’s on 4G or no service at home.
I tried EVERYTHING from resetting to checking coverage and restarting but the problem is still there. I’m wondering if it’s worth it to switch to another carrier and if yes, which.

The AT&T guy mentioned I can upgrade my phone for free for a 5G phone but I don’t really want to replace a 6 month old phone that’s still works in perfect new condition. We paid it in full and we’re just paying for the voice and data. Which is cheaper than paying voice and data with a newer upgrade even with trade in.

Other than that it works perfectly normal outside my apartment but I am still trying to figure out what’s the best option.
Thanks

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 4:34 pm
Bump

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 4:39 pm
FWIW, the only reason I have service in my home is because I have wifi. Otherwise it's spotty. I'm on T-Mobile, I used to be on Verizon. Same with each.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 5:12 pm
Some apartments just have spotty service, some carriers are better for this than others. It's up to you if you want to try switching carriers but it's a pain.
(I don't have Wi-Fi either. While it would be useful, we consider it an unnecessary expense at this time. )

married

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 5:52 pm
My phone also only works in my house with wifi calling...I have verizon

Stars

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 6:09 pm
You may need to get a landline

cbsp

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 7:22 pm
Are there any new devices in your apartment or building that would be contributing to the sudden interference?

Microwave, cordless phone, new type of power strip, baby monitor, elevator?

Was insulation work done? Roofing?

Power or telephone lines in the building?

Anyone doing construction?

I'm thinking along those lines because you said this was a sudden change. So look for what changed...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics