Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Rolled ice cream tray? Toiveling?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 6:51 pm
Has anyone used one? We just got one for dd, who is so excited. But it has a metal tray attached to a plastic compartment full of water, and the instructions say to wipe and sponge it clean and never immerse in water. We definitely can't take it apart. What do we do about toiveling?

Will ask my rav, but would appreciate any ideas, because he will have no clue what this thing is.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 4:10 pm
if it's part plastic, it doesn't necessary require tevila. if it's going to be ruined, that's another hard no for tevila

cbsp

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 4:14 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
if it's part plastic, it doesn't necessary require tevila. if it's going to be ruined, that's another hard no for tevila

Just because something can't be toiveled doesn't automatically mean you may then use it without toiveling.

OP, your best bet is to ask your LOR who may need to see the item in question.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 1:31 am
chocolate moose wrote:

I don't believe that's the mainstream psak about part plastic. If any component is metal most poskim require tevila.

Being ruined is also not necessarily a way out. Also, many things if dried well will still work.

I don't know how to go about this. Really OP needs to speak to her Rav and possibly show it in person or give a picture.

cbsp

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 6:02 am
Coming back to ask (now that I searched "rolled ice cream tray" since I had never heard of it before) is this product similar to an ice cream maker canister just flat?

Because our ice cream canister I believe also said to never immerse but it toiveled without a problem.

We've also toiveled electric crepe makers and let dried out for around a week. Also no issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen