Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 75  76  77 102  103  104  Next

simcha4

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:22 pm
singleagain wrote:
Work and work and more work .. What other plans are there

Tell me about something you are looking fwd to

Moshiach coming. Seriously!!! so many challenges and tragedies. Hashem, please, ENOUGH.

Tell me about your cooking for Shabbos. Do you eat traditional foods passed down through your family mesorah? Or do you improvise dairy and meaty menus, and change the menu from Shabbos to Shabbos?

Ima Piano

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 9:56 am
No. Shabbos is traditional food

Tell me about your personality

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:01 am
The voice to text

Well I'm like to think that I am an easy-going person I used to be pretty rigid but I've been working on that I like to see things in shades of grays and colors and the world is not black and white and life is not a one-size-fits-all and I really try to recognize that and be thoughtful I like spending time with my friends even just quiet chill time or running errands whatever I like helping my friends it's a lot easier for me to help my friends and myself I love Disney I love Broadway I love Star Trek and Star wars Lord of the rings Harry Potter bunch of others and I'm part of this world I'm just looking for someone to share that with know any guys? ;-)

Tell me about someone special in your life

simcha4

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 3:41 pm
singleagain wrote:
The voice to text

Well I'm like to think that I am an easy-going person I used to be pretty rigid but I've been working on that I like to see things in shades of grays and colors and the world is not black and white and life is not a one-size-fits-all and I really try to recognize that and be thoughtful I like spending time with my friends even just quiet chill time or running errands whatever I like helping my friends it's a lot easier for me to help my friends and myself I love Disney I love Broadway I love Star Trek and Star wars Lord of the rings Harry Potter bunch of others and I'm part of this world I'm just looking for someone to share that with know any guys? ;-)

Tell me about someone special in your life

My darling most precious Mummy, tichyah. May she live and be healthy and happy, 120 years and more, be"H.

How old is your oldest niece and nephew, ke'h?

Sweet Sour

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 4:06 pm
Nephew 8. Niece 4.5 yrs

Tell me about your afternoon/evening routine.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 9:26 am
Very much voice to text

Okay so I come in from work and flop on the couch putting down my computer and whatever else I have in my hand and then I usually turn on the TV I've been recording law & order reruns oh my god it's so amazing the original show I love Jack McCoy anyways or I watch other stuff if I've just recently deleted the reruns and then I might even get a little food but it depends on whatever and then I go upstairs to sleep That's it I have a very boring life I'm sorry

Tell me what's on your refrigerator door

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 9:43 am
Nothing it's a really nice SS fridge I keep the front empty but on the side are some cute magnets and some charts with Hadlakah times.

Tell me what your favorite t shirt says:

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 9:50 am
I haven't warned it in forever but I had this shirt that says " my job is so secret even I don't know what it is"

Tell me if you're doing something for Father's Day

Lovable

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:08 am
singleagain wrote:
I haven't warned it in forever but I had this shirt that says " my job is so secret even I don't know what it is"

Tell me if you're doing something for Father's Day

Im not....
Tell me what your favorite cake or cookie is

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:09 am
I like sugar cookies shortbread style I am so sad that I can't find the shortbread Starbucks cookies anymore they've been out of stock since like a year

Tell me about the time the computer really messed something up for you

Ima Piano

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:16 am
When I lost th spreadsheet I had been working on for months and months. Thankfully I was able to save half of it and the other half I have a good memory.

Tell me about your environment

simcha4

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:32 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Nothing it's a really nice SS fridge I keep the front empty but on the side are some cute magnets and some charts with Hadlakah times.:

What is a SS fridge? Sorry, had to ask, I saw the letters - SS and a shiver ran thru me. Unfortunately we all have read or heard the horrifying connotations of the other SS.

Hashem Yerachem Al Kol Am Yisrael.

Gut Shabbos Smile

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:38 am
simcha4 wrote:
What is a SS fridge? Sorry, had to ask, I saw the letters - SS and a shiver ran thru me. Unfortunately we all have read or heard the horrifying connotations of the other SS.

Gut Shabbos Smile

SS is shorthand for stainless steel That's probably what she means

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:38 am
simcha4 wrote:

Gut Shabbos Smile

Omg I didn't even think of that. My fridge is stainless steel and it looks nice.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:39 am
singleagain wrote:
SS is shorthand for stainless steel That's probably what she means

Whoops cross posted but yes

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:40 am
My environment is often messy because I I just don't care to put things back in place every once in a while I get into a burst of cleaning and I say this time will be different and then it never really does happen

Tell me about a humorous misunderstanding

simcha4

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 2:16 pm
singleagain wrote:
My environment is often messy because I I just don't care to put things back in place every once in a while I get into a burst of cleaning and I say this time will be different and then it never really does happen

Tell me about a humorous misunderstanding

Singleagain, dear, seems like no one can remember a humorous misunderstanding they had. I only can remember ones I had with the Ivrit language, which would be too long and complicated to write here. A few years ago, I wrote a humor article for Family First of Mishpacha about my funny Ivrit mistakes, if anyone is interested. I think it was titled, "Say What?"

Singleagain, perhaps u have a humorous misunderstanding to post?
I remember the one u wrote about your boss emailing u thinking he was emailing his wife!!! (similar email-addresses) Hilarious Very Happy

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 2:22 pm
Actually that was we both have the same first name.

Regarding Hebrew, my brother's teacher said he one time was looking for cab service and asked "aifo sherutim l'yerushalaim?" (Where are the bathrooms, for ppl who can't read translation, the word sherut means taxi. Sherutim is bathroom.. saying 'im' at the end of the word is usually plural. )

How about can you tell me a story about a time you saw God's intervention?

simcha4

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 3:17 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Omg I didn't even think of that. My fridge is stainless steel and it looks nice.

Thanks, Crookshanks and singleagain for taking the time to explain.
WOW! I can imagine how your fridge gleams. Beautiful.

simcha4

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 3:53 pm
singleagain wrote:
Actually that was we both have the same first name.

Regarding Hebrew, my brother's teacher said he one time was looking for cab service and asked "aifo sherutim l'yerushalaim?" (Where are the bathrooms, for ppl who can't read translation, the word sherut means taxi. Sherutim is bathroom.. saying 'im' at the end of the word is usually plural. )

Ha ha Very Happy
actually - sherut means service in Heb.
Monit is taxi in Heb.
And yes, sherutim is bathroom. In this context, it's always said with the "im" at the end.

How about can you tell me a story about a time you saw God's intervention?

My dh was in Meron on Lag B'Omer. One of the hadlakos he likes to watch is that of the Toldos Aharon Rebbe, shli'ta. He was standing among the crowd gathering to watch. The Rebbe had just arrived and was davening before he prepares to light. My dh suddenly looked around and saw that it was getting crowded. He remembered how sometimes his asthma is triggered in huge crowds due to lack of air. He didn't know how huge this crowd would get.
He also suddenly remembered that he hadn't yet davened at Kever Rashbi for the names I'd sent him from members on imamother. I sent the lists of names quite late.
My dh was afraid that he might (unintentionally) leave Meron w/out praying for these names.
He left the crowd gathered for the Toldos Aharon haldlakah and made his way to Kever Rashbi and davened for all the names on the list. He pronounced each name separately.
My dh finished and the T.A. Rebbe had not yet started lighting the hadlakah. My dh debated for a moment whether to stay? He felt tired and decided to start driving homeward.
He was on the way home when the horrific tragedy happened at the hadlakas Toldos Aharon!!!
He was called back to help - he works in Hatzolah and Zaka. He drove all the way back to Meron and came home the next day 1/2 hour before Shabbos started.

I have the deepest gratitude for all the I/m members who sent me names for my husband to daven for at Kever Rashbi!!! I feel in that zchus his life was saved, B'H.
May Hashem Protect all of Am Yisrael.

Tell me about when someone saved you in the nick of time from c'v possibly getting injured?
Page 76 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 75  76  77 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics