Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
If you know anything abt wigs, pls help me!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:59 pm
I'm looking to buy a wig and I am hearing so much conflicting information about the diff companies and their quality.
One person told me, Miri is like Irene, Kiki X is better. The next sheitel macher says Kiki x is the worse, Miri is much better. I cannot make heads and tails.
Is there some sort of hierarchy within wig companies?

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:21 pm
Perhaps people posting should be careful here of Lashon hara from this question - maybe there is a Sheitle macher you can go to in person who can show you the ropes, explain the wig landscape out there & let you try different things on? Or if you're out of town, perhaps long distance you could try to contact someone personally familiar?

Personally I don't know the different brands at all - but I'm glad I went to an experienced Sheitle macher & spent a bit more than I might've, & my better Sheitle has lasted much longer than the cheaper pre-cut I got at a pop up shop sale I then had fixed up.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 12:15 am
Most companies have different lines of wigs some cheaper and some more expensive!
A lot if it is luck! Some ppl are happy with their wigs and some ppl are not... with the same wig, or at least same company!
Depends on how much is your budget.
Depends on what you prefer in a wig, smooth and silky, neat or more natural, straight or wavy, more body but might get frizzy...

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 12:37 am
I’m a Sm. I sell everything u listed. I tell my customers what I’ll write here -
Go, and try on. There aren’t 100s of options these days in every size, color and length. U prob won’t have options in all brands... see what’s avail that works for u and go from there. All of the companies you’ve mentioned are menchlich and will Service ur wig if there’s an issue ...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 9:31 am
Thanks for your responses.
I posted this question because I've already been to a few sheitel machers and each one is telling me a different story.
I'm willing to pay more for a better wig, but what one sheitel macher says is better quality, the next one tells me is very bad quality.
I feel like I can't get a straight answer.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I posted this question because I've already been to a few sheitel machers and each one is telling me a different story.
I'm willing to pay more for a better wig, but what one sheitel macher says is better quality, the next one tells me is very bad quality.

Irene, Miri and Kiki x r comparable. Neither is better than another. Maybe better for a specific person - ex: Miri Olympia are very thin and flat. That may be a maalah to u or a chisaron to u. Go try on and narrow it down. If u feel u can’t stick up for yourself, bring along a sister, friend etc who’s opinion u trust

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 1:17 pm
I don’t know about a Kiki X but I had a Kiki and it was beautiful.

I love my irenes but I didn’t do well with Miri.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Here’s something you can take to the bank, I’ve had some from “famous” name brands and had problems. One place you will always do great at is Fortune Wigs, Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn. I’ve only bought those for years now and each one BH lasts for many years! They only do excellent quality and have a cheaper line (Mazali) as well as a more expensive. I have both types and they’re all great.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels