Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Anyone like the Rodan & Fields skincare line?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:21 am
I went for a facial and the woman tried selling me Rodan & Fields. I know this is like a Mary Kay type of thing.. where everyone who sells makes $ etc. right now I am using a modge podge of different skin care products and wondering if I should make the investment. Wondering if anyone had success with this skincare line and if yes, specifically which products? Thanks so much in advance!!

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:25 am
You are right it is a mlm, stay away from it

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:26 am
I honestly like Mary Kay skin care.
R&F is known to have weird things in their products that make your skin sort of addicted to it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:31 am
Thank you! but what does that even mean? how can your skin get addicted? do you know of anyone personally that had this experience?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! but what does that even mean? how can your skin get addicted? do you know of anyone personally that had this experience?

That it doesn’t actually cure any problems but like the skincare proactive - it only works if you’re using the products and will quickly decline once stopped. Idk I guess I would read reviews online! I think R&D and proactive are same company

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 9:51 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
That it doesn’t actually cure any problems but like the skincare proactive - it only works if you’re using the products and will quickly decline once stopped. Idk I guess I would read reviews online! I think R&D and proactive are same company

That's the thing. I read reviews online and everyone seems sooo happy with the skin care line it kind of makes me wonder if the reviews are legit. That's why I came on here to ask and get the real scoop.
It also is pricey. my dermatologist says just go with Neutrogena but I'm so not clear on the whole thing. I don't have bad skin BH no ance etc. it is more an anti aging thing I am looking for.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's the thing. I read reviews online and everyone seems sooo happy with the skin care line it kind of makes me wonder if the reviews are legit. That's why I came on here to ask and get the real scoop.
It also is pricey. my dermatologist says just go with Neutrogena but I'm so not clear on the whole thing. I don't have bad skin BH no ance etc. it is more an anti aging thing I am looking for.

Neutrogena has some great anti-aging creams as well. I would trust your dermatologist over the hype online.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:42 am
I don't know anything about this product, never heard of it. However, just want to mention that some companies put steroids in their products which make your skin look better while your using it but can have serious side effects. You should do ras much esearch as possible before putting unknown products on your face.

Good luck

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:45 am
Things to research:
Why is it banned in Europe?
Why are they being sued for their eye lash serum?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:47 am
All you need for great skin, is a very mild soap, a microfiber washcloth (don't scrub!), and then a thin layer of jojoba oil. You can get the oil at any heath food store, and a lot of makeup stores. Make sure it's 100% pure.

As soon as you get out of the shower, while your skin is still hydrated, apply a few drops of oil to your fingertips, and massage your face gently. The oil will disappear in a few minutes.

Jojoba oil doesn't clog pores, and actually helps prevent your skin from overproducing oil on it's own. It keeps a perfect balance for combination skin. (It's also a great makeup remover.)

I just turned 56, and I have NO wrinkles. None. Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:29 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
All you need for great skin, is a very mild soap, a microfiber washcloth (don't scrub!), and then a thin layer of jojoba oil. You can get the oil at any heath food store, and a lot of makeup stores. Make sure it's 100% pure.

As soon as you get out of the shower, while your skin is still hydrated, apply a few drops of oil to your fingertips, and massage your face gently. The oil will disappear in a few minutes.

Jojoba oil doesn't clog pores, and actually helps prevent your skin from overproducing oil on it's own. It keeps a perfect balance for combination skin. (It's also a great makeup remover.)

I just turned 56, and I have NO wrinkles. None. Very Happy

Thank you so much for this!! Do you have a link for the Jojoba oil that you use?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics