Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ATTENTION 5ft2" and under. Whats the look?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 8:40 am
Hi, Im a mini 4ft 11 inch. I love to be in style but not sure the midis are for me? I wore one dress at a wedding last week and was so conscious. Any petite woman out there with fashion advice.

Lotti

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 8:46 am
I am not so short but very petite. The flowy, midi style completely overtakes me and I don’t look good. I feel it’s more imp to wear clothing that fits and flatters than looking trendy and in-style.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 8:47 am
I think it looks good on me and makes me look taller.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 10:59 am
I'm 4'10" and a size 10. I like something a bit hi-lo rather than plain midi... best of both worlds. Pair with heels and you're good to go.

Confidence is everything:)

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:05 am
Lotti wrote:
I am not so short but very petite. The flowy, midi style completely overtakes me and I don’t look good. I feel it’s more imp to wear clothing that fits and flatters than looking trendy and in-style.
this. I’m 5”3 but small and narrow and the is look is just nisht

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I'm 4'10" and a size 10. I like something a bit hi-lo rather than plain midi... best of both worlds. Pair with heels and you're good to go.

I thought I was only woman this height:) gimme some tips on confidence pls. I get my times I feel so small in a crowd. Makes me not want to be around ppl

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:38 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

What do u mean by hi-lo? is that like short crop top and high waist midi skirt?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:41 pm
My 5-1 (young adult) daughter looks great in midi but it had to be actual midi length on HER which means hemming a lot of things

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do u mean by hi-lo? is that like short crop top and high waist midi skirt?
hi lo usually means an uneven hem.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 1:28 pm
I'm 5ft tall and size 6-8 and I look awful in midi. Makes me look fat. I look best in short flary styles. I

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 1:33 pm
Maxi looks great just not very full and flowy. Dressmaker is your friend to shorten. I also even out handkerchief or midi or high low hems to make short.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 1:43 pm
Look online at Nordstroms Petites. They have incredibly classy clothes, with excellent tailoring for your height and size. A friend of mine is a personal shopper in one of their stores, and her petite teen daughters always looked like they stepped out of magazines.

https://www.nordstrom.com/brow.....esses

lovingmommy3417

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 4:12 pm
I look best in dresses just below the knee not midi. And fitted/fit and flair type. I also try to wear high waisted skirts with cropped/tucked in shirt to elongate my legs and I think it makes me look taller.

lovingmommy3417

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 4:13 pm
I've also found that being short I have to make sure whatever I'm wearing fits well. so getting things altered if needed. It makes such a difference.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:21 pm
I’m 4”11 size 2/4 and look good in midi if it’s actual midi. Maxi also looks good on me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:35 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
I’m 4”11 size 2/4 and look good in midi if it’s actual midi. Maxi also looks good on me.

So excited to meet a community of under 5ft. I always say im 5 cos with my height in shoes im 5.
Im always googling celebs under 5 for inspiration.
My mom used to drive me a little crazy about my height since non of my siblings are this short. They are all average 5"5s. I got my period at a very young age and stayed that height. Did u also develop young?. I developed a low self image since my mom used to comment on my height a bit too much. "Straighten your back! wear your high heels, You cant wear that your too short! you cant gain an extra pound at your height Mad " so u get why I feel this way.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:56 pm
I actually was growing very well so my parents and doctor didn’t think there may be an issue and then all of a sudden I developed slightly earlier than expected though I didn’t get my period till 12. My mother doesn’t comment but I’m hard on myself like that. It’s hard postpartum because those extra couple pounds show on me

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 6:21 pm
4ft10 here Hi
And some of my sisters are shorter than me LOL
We are all petite and wear maxis and midis!
In fact we are loving the current styles as things are actually fitting us at last without having to alter!
Midis for average height people end up as maxis on us and knee length as midis Laugh as long as the waist and arms etc fit well then don't be afraid to wear this look - you look great Very Happy

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 11:18 am
This thread is making me feel better, as my dd 17 is this height 4,11 and I'm always so nervous for her. She should look her age and be accepted as an adult
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics