Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What are the camp options for boys that dont LOVE sports?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:55 am
My son finishing 4th grade asked me about sleepaway camp for next summer finishing 5th. Im not sure if I want to send him next year or the year after finishing 6th but I wanted to get a feeling of what are the choices for a middle of the road yeshivish family from the Midwest that is good for a kid that is not super into sports. He doesn't hate it as much as he did when he was younger but would not like it if that is what they did all day long either.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:12 pm
I think all of the boys camps have a lot of sports. My boys go to Camp Chaverim:
https://chaverimovernight.com

A very out of town camp.

They have sports but not competitive to the point of boys being mean to each other if they aren't good at sports. I know some kids who aren't into sports went and still had a great time.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:18 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
I think all of the boys camps have a lot of sports. My boys go to Camp Chaverim:
https://chaverimovernight.com

A very out of town camp.

They have sports but not competitive to the point of boys being mean to each other if they aren't good at sports. I know some kids who aren't into sports went and still had a great time.

Seconded.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:19 pm
Agreed with that recommendation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children