Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ocean County College, NJ

Saray

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 6:02 pm
Hi, does anyone know if frum students attend Ocean County College in Toms River, NJ? I am looking to find out information about the general classes there, as well as the nursing program. It is SO much cheaper than attending a private university through Sara Schneirer or The New Seminary, and it may even be free to attend for NJ residents based on a new policy passed by Murphy earlier this year. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 6:18 pm
Hi,

I have a degree from ocean county college - not nursing.

To answer one of your questions, I don't know how many frum students there are currently attending, but keep in mind that when I last checked, there were almost 10,000 registered students. It's a big place so even if there are other frum students, you may not even see them!

You can pm me if you would like more info.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 9:14 pm
I know 2 people there, one went in person, and one is doing nursing online.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 9:31 pm
Saray wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if frum students attend Ocean County College in Toms River, NJ? I am looking to find out information about the general classes there, as well as the nursing program. It is SO much cheaper than attending a private university through Sara Schneirer or The New Seminary, and it may even be free to attend for NJ residents based on a new policy passed by Murphy earlier this year. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I was there for a few classes over the past few years. in most classes, I had at least one or two other frum jews

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 9:53 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

I actually wanted to know if there are any frum type colleges in the Lakewood or surrounding areas such as a Touro?

Saray

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

Thanks for the info! Do you know if the person who took the classes on campus had any frum classmates? Also, do you have any idea how the non-Jewish students are there? I know that all colleges have a mix of serious/not serious, more/less refined students, but some places seem to have more of one type or another.

Saray

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:04 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
I actually wanted to know if there are any frum type colleges in the Lakewood or surrounding areas such as a Touro?

Touro does not have a campus in Lakewood, but Sara Schneirer has degree programs through St. Peter's University, and The New Seminary has degree programs through other NJ colleges. There's also TTI.

Bluepink

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:31 pm
I attended occ for nursing ten years ago. Then there were 2-4 frum people in each class. It’s a great place for nursing, very respected nursing degree. It’s a hard program. They sort of accommodated frum people for clinical rotations. The tuition is very affordable, especially compared to frum colleges. It was wonderful to graduate without student loans!

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:43 pm
Bluepink wrote:
I attended occ for nursing ten years ago. Then there were 2-4 frum people in each class. It’s a great place for nursing, very respected nursing degree. It’s a hard program. They sort of accommodated frum people for clinical rotations. The tuition is very affordable, especially compared to frum colleges. It was wonderful to graduate without student loans!

It's the luck of the draw. Sometimes you get another frum person or two, and sometimes not. Its probably better to find someone beforehand if you really want to be with someone frum in your class.

I agree the nursing program in OCC is a well respected and difficult program. That can be a positive or a negative, depending on how you look at it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics