Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel to London

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:04 pm
Does anyone know guidelines arriving to London from USA now? Do you still have to quarantine arriving to London ? Take COVID test? How much does it cost ? how often needed ? And what about this new virus they are saying about ?? Is it really going around now ? Any info appreciated .. wanted to travel next week wondering if still to difficult ?

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:19 pm
AFAIK, Quarantine for 10 or 14 days, even if you're vaccinated or have a negative covid test, and they come check up on you. They're pretty strict now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:04 am
Thanks! How often do you need to take covid test in London and approx how much does it cost??just trying to figure out how to work out trip thanks

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:22 am
You need to fill out a passenger locator form. Then order a covid test kit for days 2,5 and 8. It’s a self test kit which you mail back.

I’m “in quarantine” now. They are NOT strict. Last year, they called to check on me. Hasn’t happened yet…

voiceofreason

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:15 am
Here is accurate up-to-date information:
You just take a covid test before travelling.
You must take a covid test on day 2 and day 8 after arrival.
These tests should be booked prior to travel, and the booking confirmation must be filled out on your passenger locator travel form.
Standard quarantine is 10 days.
There is an option to be released early, if you choose to take an extra test on day 5.
Children under the age of 4 do not need the day 2 and day 8 tests, but they do need to get tested before travelling.
Some people have been checked up on, but from what I can ascertain, the in-person checks don't start until day 4 or 5 after arrival.
Despite what a poster above said, I do know that the government is still calling people to make sure they are quarantining.

simcha2

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:24 am
The tests are £150-£200.

More if you test to release day 5. There is a list of approved test companies on the government website.

They called to check on me, but didn't come in person.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:32 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
You need to fill out a passenger locator form. Then order a covid test kit for days 2,5 and 8. It’s a self test kit which you mail back.

I’m “in quarantine” now. They are NOT strict. Last year, they called to check on me. Hasn’t happened yet…

I know quite afew people that got visits and most people get phone calls. It's pure mazal.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:42 pm
cinderella22 wrote:
Here is accurate up-to-date information:
You just take a covid test before travelling.
You must take a covid test on day 2 and day 8 after arrival.
These tests should be booked prior to travel, and the booking confirmation must be filled out on your passenger locator travel form.
Standard quarantine is 10 days.
There is an option to be released early, if you choose to take an extra test on day 5.
Children under the age of 4 do not need the day 2 and day 8 tests, but they do need to get tested before travelling.
Some people have been checked up on, but from what I can ascertain, the in-person checks don't start until day 4 or 5 after arrival.
Despite what a poster above said, I do know that the government is still calling people to make sure they are quarantining.

I received two visits upon my return to the UK from the States.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 4:35 am
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
I know quite afew people that got visits and most people get phone calls. It's pure mazal.

Recently?

Today marks my day ten of quarantine. Nothing has happened…

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 5:04 am
When I came back after Pesach I never received any calls or visits... Nor did my husband. But I do know most people who travelled with me did.

My friend who was on my flight got a call and she asked them if they will come visit. They said they only come when you don't answer their phone calls.

Don't know whether it's still like this.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 5:14 am
England has the most expensive corona test that I've found to date.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 5:51 am
A PCR-test in England costs 120 pounds at least. We really want to go to my inlaws in England but we can't afford a two times a PCR-tests in England and then two PCR-tests in the Netherlands it's almost hitting 500 euro/pound ridiculous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics