Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Closest hospital for infant

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 6:54 am
if I need to take my 6 month old baby to the hospital which one is best/recommended in/near lakewood

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 6:55 am
This is a question your pediatrician should be guiding you with

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:18 am
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
This is a question your pediatrician should be guiding you with

Not necessarily. My pediatrician recommends maimonides. Maimonides is by far the best hospital for infants. They're just saying it because they're affiliated iwith maimonides. When I had an emergency with one of my kids we took dc to a different hospital irrelevant of the fact that my Dr is in maimonides. We wanted the best care.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:43 am
I know lots of lkwd ppl come to chop.
Are you dealing with something that seems like you may land up in hospital? Or just as a piece of info to file in your brain?

Bec if it’s A, definitely reach out to your doc or even Refuah helpline/Chaim Medical to help you based on what’s going on.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:48 am
Usually CHOP or Jersey Shore, but it depends on what the issue is and where they're best equipped to deal with that issue. I would trust my pediatricians recommendation, but if you're not sure you can double check with Bikur Cholim.

sky

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 9:49 am
I would only trust my pediatrician and go were he sends me.
A lot also depends on insurance.
Lkwd doesn’t have any top hospitals very close unfortunately.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Not necessarily. My pediatrician recommends maimonides. Maimonides is by far the best hospital for infants. They're just saying it because they're affiliated iwith maimonides. When I had an emergency with one of my kids we took dc to a different hospital irrelevant of the fact that my Dr is in maimonides. We wanted the best care.

Your pediatrician in Lakewood. Recommends that you go to Maimonides? That’s far from the closest!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
Your pediatrician in Lakewood. Recommends that you go to Maimonides? That’s far from the closest!

Noo. My pediatrician that I generally use in brooklyn. I meant to say just because somebody's pediatrician recommends a hospital does it mean it's the best one. Sometimes they recommend it because of who they're affiliated with. Maimonides is known not to be the best one out there

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 11:28 am
I'd go to CHOP with a baby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics