Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Is it too late to buy in the 5 towns?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:05 pm
The houses were in the 600,000s a couple years back now they are all over a million!

Is it too late and no longer doable for someone with a 700,000 budget? Will house prices go down?

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:30 pm
I think the very lower end is still available in that price range.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:32 pm
What size house are you talking about? You could buy a starter home for 700. You won't find a 5 bedroom for that price, though.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:33 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
What size house are you talking about? You could buy a starter home for 700. You won't find a 5 bedroom for that price, though.

Really? I saw no starter homes in that price with the exception of a 1200 square foot cape. Which is not possible size for most ppl with family

Optione

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Really? I saw no starter homes in that price with the exception of a 1200 square foot cape. Which is not possible size for most ppl with family

You'd be surprised. Off the top of my head I can think of 2 families of 6 and one family of 7 who all live in 1200 sq ft capes.

* I'm not saying you have to choose to live like that, but for others reading this thread, it's important to know that it's reasonable.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Go to zillow, look up recently sold houses and put in your price range. This will give you the best idea.

Also 2 things to note:
1)square footage doesn't include the basement, so a lot of families do with less living space upstairs, smaller bedrooms, and have a second living space in the basement. Or they just make do with a smaller space if buying in the area is important to them

2)you might have better luck with that price range in woodmere, where annual taxes are higher. Houses tend to be a bit cheaper there to offset the higher taxes.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:56 pm
You can get a nice house 3,000 sq feet in north woodmere, woodmere and Hewlett for around 700,000

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:58 pm
Hewlett or North Woodmere
If west Hempstead is an option it's a lot less there!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries