Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
2 writing pieces accepted
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:01 am
delete

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:14 am
So happy for you!

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:15 am
Congratulations! Will you let us know when we can read it?

advocate

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:18 am
Mazel tov. May it accomplish its full, positive purpose in the world and your life!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:24 am
Thanks all! Smile

smss

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:30 am
Yay!! Good for you!

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:31 am
Wow! That is so impressive! Applause Applause Applause

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:54 am
Just curious has anyone here been accepted by a magazine and what their response was like? Was it like 'We would love to print it!' or 'We would like to publish it' or 'we have accepted it'. Just trying to gauge if they really liked my piece or their response was standard. lol.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:03 am
The first time I didn’t get a response and then one day suddenly found it published in the paper. I contacted them and they apologized for not getting back to me beforehand and of course they paid me eventually.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:13 am
Yay yay yay OP! Please share when it's published, I want to read! I'm so so happy for you.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 3:35 am
Wow. So exciting!!

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 3:55 am
Celebrations

Cheers Cheers

Though I'm sorry you've had to experience what you did. Hopefully others can benefit from your sharing.

imanotmommy

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:19 am
I always get a standard reply from the magazines I write in. They have a template for accepting and a template for rejecting, and on some occasions they add in something like "can you add a sidebar about X"

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just curious has anyone here been accepted by a magazine and what their response was like? Was it like 'We would love to print it!' or 'We would like to publish it' or 'we have accepted it'. Just trying to gauge if they really liked my piece or their response was standard. lol.

Congratulations!

So I have been published around 20 times in Mishpacha, Ami and Binah.

Sometimes I got a standard reply. Many times I have not.
My latest piece I sent in, I waited over 6 weeks for a reply.
And then it came : we would be honored to publish your piece. (This was Mishpacha)

Another time, I just got, "wow! Great story, thanks!" I got that reply about 2 hours after I sent it. (This was Ami)

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:03 am
Mazel Tov!! You should be very proud of this. It is not easy to get published and I look forward to reading your story.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi! I sent 2 submissions [1st time ever sending in something to be published to a frum magazine and they were both accepted. They are about my personal life which became stranger then fiction and not in a good way.... I never thought I would be published and definitely not because my life became so abnormal! anyhoooow I don't have anyone to share this new with as I want it to be anonymous so sharing it on here. Very Happy .

OP, I totally get you. What magazine did you submit it to?

The first time a piece of mine got accepted, I was flying high. It was an amazing feeling.
For years I had this thought that I wanted to try to get published but never had the guts to do it.

Then when I finally did it, and it was accepted, it was super exciting.

Also, the first time, I received a response within 4 hours of submitting. I now realize how unusual that was. I had sent it to the Ami magazine. My first few stories I submitted received responses within hours or at the most, a day. Later on, it started taking more like a week. Then I started submitting to Mishpacha, and received a message saying that it would take 4-6 weeks to come to a decision. Those weeks seemed endless.

I dont know of it's still like that at the Ami because I have been submitting only to the Mishpacha in the last 2 years.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:20 am
That’s wonderful! Hope this gives you the push to write more. And please let us know once it’s published .

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:27 am
Excited for you OP!

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:44 am
OP, you will need to send in your personal info in order to get paid. Name, ss# etc.
Ask the magazine what they need. (Mishpacha makes you sign a contract.)

They will then send you a check at the end of the month in which the pieces were printed.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 11:02 am
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
OP, you will need to send in your personal info in order to get paid. Name, ss# etc.
Ask the magazine what they need. (Mishpacha makes you sign a contract.)

They will then send you a check at the end of the month in which the pieces were printed.

They pay on publication, not acceptance? Good to know.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club