Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Normal Appetite

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:34 pm
How do I learn to have a normal appetite and eat normal portions and be satisfied

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:38 pm
For me, that became possible by going very low carb.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 10:11 pm
andrea levy wrote:
For me, that became possible by going very low carb.

I am doing low carb but I still want big portions of protein
I can eat a huge steak and still want more.
My appetite is not normal
I try very hard to control myself, but sometimes I just give up and eat.

lovingmommy3417

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 10:16 pm
If you give yourself smaller portions slowly and limit yourself to just that. your body will slowly get used to it. It's hard at first but it gets easier.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 10:18 pm
For me it was about eliminating all sources of food cravings. Once I got over the sugar, sweeteners withdrawal I did not need to eat as much

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 10:40 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
For me it was about eliminating all sources of food cravings. Once I got over the sugar, sweeteners withdrawal I did not need to eat as much

I don’t use sweetners or sugar
I still want big portions of protein

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 11:00 pm
very weird, for me when I was on low carb I was hungry all the time, I went to bed hungry, it was horrible.
now Im on healthy fiber filled carbs and I find it keeps me fuller for longer. I don't need as much.
like for dessert I'll have a 70 calorie whole grain oatmeal cookie with a coffee (with almond milk), and I'll feel satisfied.
when I was on low carb every time I walked into evergreen I was salivating from the baked goods..

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 11:03 pm
How long have you been doing this? Because it took me time to LEARN what was right for me. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Avoid processed foods. It sounds crazy, but eat slowly. Learn from your mistakes and keep trying.

I didn’t go from five one and 315 pounds overnight. I’m STILL learning four years later. I’m also maintaining my weightloss so I seem to be doing something right!

Keep on keeping on. Don’t be hungry and don’t be stuffed either! Learn what works for you. It’s a process.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:37 am
andrea levy wrote:
How long have you been doing this? Because it took me time to LEARN what was right for me. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Avoid processed foods. It sounds crazy, but eat slowly. Learn from your mistakes and keep trying.

I didn’t go from five one and 315 pounds overnight. I’m STILL learning four years later. I’m also maintaining my weightloss so I seem to be doing something right!

Keep on keeping on. Don’t be hungry and don’t be stuffed either! Learn what works for you. It’s a process.

I’ve been trying for yrs on and off
For the most part (98% ) I eat real food
I’ve pushed myself before and lost my 30+ lbs

I just want more PROTEIN

IFi add more fat I just feel nauseous but not satisfied and as soon as I feel better I still want more protein

I could easily eat a 20oz steak 3x a day
I’m suppose to be eating 7oz a day according to my size.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 8:53 am
Other than limiting carbs and other addictive foods, you can:
Take a digestive enzyme and hydrochloric acid so that the nutrients you ingest are better absorbed, fat and protein broken down fully to trigger fullness
Support your adrenals, thyroid and hypothalamus because they control blood sugar, hunger, appetite, satiety, the whole feedback loop
Treat for systemic yeast overgrowth and parasites
Test for leptin and ghrehlin deficiencies
Take a good probiotic/prebiotic and work on repopulating your gut
Treat chronic infections and/or systemic inflammation, both of these can cause insatiable appetite
Take chromium and berberine to help regulate your blood sugar
Do some cbt on yourself and tell yourself your cravings are just cravings, they’re not real hunger

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:43 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Other than limiting carbs and other addictive foods, you can:
Take a digestive enzyme and hydrochloric acid so that the nutrients you ingest are better absorbed, fat and protein broken down fully to trigger fullness
Support your adrenals, thyroid and hypothalamus because they control blood sugar, hunger, appetite, satiety, the whole feedback loop
Treat for systemic yeast overgrowth and parasites
Test for leptin and ghrehlin deficiencies
Take a good probiotic/prebiotic and work on repopulating your gut
Treat chronic infections and/or systemic inflammation, both of these can cause insatiable appetite
Take chromium and berberine to help regulate your blood sugar
Do some cbt on yourself and tell yourself your cravings are just cravings, they’re not real hunger
who can I go to help me with what to take ? What type of doctor

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
who can I go to help me with what to take ? What type of doctor
A functional or integrative MD
Possibly a functional nutritionist

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:48 pm
Op, a plant based diet might work better for you. Some people just can’t live without (healthy) carbs

hodeez

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:50 pm
Is more protein such a bad thing?

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 11:14 pm
Drink a lot of water before eating. Chew your food slowly. Take some raw vegetables with your meal.
Do others you eat with also eat a lot of protein?
Don't buy steak! It sounds addictive for you. Maybe it's filling some emotional need or is subconsciously reminding of ( good) things in the past.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 11:17 pm
hodeez wrote:
Is more protein such a bad thing?

Rereading this old thread I’m struck by the question’was OP eating enough?’

Don’t be hungry folks. Nothing wrong with protein.

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 11:48 pm
I rated each meal on a hunger-sataition chart, before, after, and after 2 hours. That's how I taught myself to recognize levels of hunger, and know which foods satiate me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise