Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tell me why I should buy a grill and recommendations

lk1234

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 6:39 am
I never grew up with a grill but I see that people love barbecueing and grilling (are those the same thing?) every sunday. I'm kinda on the fence but ready to hear out all you grilling enthusiasts so please explain to me the benefits.

I love that the house doesn't heat up from cooking, healthier, no mess in kitchen, and food tastes good but what else?

Does it save money in the long run?
What are the benefits
Also any recommendation for cheap but good quality and long lasting grills?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:03 am
I have a weber 3 burner genesis grill. Its 11 years old and works great. It is used at least once a week. I love grilled food and find it to be my easiest supper.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:09 am
Never thought of it as a thing that would save money. BBQ makes good taste great and can be an experience ‘(come over for a bbq’) but not sure why it would save any money.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:20 am
I don’t think if you aren’t used to bbqing you will start doing it more.
It might be a Sunday activity. But I doubt it will be one routine (unless it’s your type to make it that way)
Typically bbqed food is not cheaper.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:20 am
It's fun and easy meals in the summer. About being healthier - in some ways it's actually unhealthy. Grilled meats contain harmful chemicals, so I wouldn't do it so often.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:43 am
I've always heard that it's unhealthy.
I'm a vegetarian now, but back when I used to eat meat, the appeal was both the taste and the whole outdoorsy experience.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 8:03 am
I’ve heard that charcoal grills are unhealthy but that gas and electric are fine. How would it differ from a gas or electric stove?

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:47 am
anyone have links to a good inexpensive grill????? The Weber grills are expensive.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:55 am
I’d go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy in the $80-100 range.
If not in a rush wait until July 4 sales.
A grill in that price range covered can last 5 years.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:56 am
When I moved to my house 4 years ago, my sis and BIL bought me a grill as a housewarming gift. It's a 4-burner, I think Charbroil or something like that (too lazy to go down to my deck and check).

I use it all the time. Last night I thin-sliced chicken cutlets in one bowl, and eggplant and zucchini in another bowl. Both got drizzled with salt, pepper, squirt of fresh lemon, garlic powder, and olive oil. Chicken on one side of the grill, veggies on a grill mat on the other side. Dinner was done in like 15 minutes including the prep. Kitchen was cool. Meal was light and satisfying.

Benefits - quick and easy suppers that everyone in my family likes. Kitchen stays cool. It's inexpensive to run ($15 for the gas tank when you recycle your old one in Walmart, and pretty much lasts the season.) I think it's pretty healthy if you don't do tons of fatty meats all the time. Pretty easy cleanup.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:56 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I’ve heard that charcoal grills are unhealthy but that gas and electric are fine. How would it differ from a gas or electric stove?

It’s the high heat a grill produces that is the issue. Not the fuel

“Cooking meat at high temperatures produces cancer-causing chemicals called heterocyclic amines.”

Zehava

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:59 am
There will sorta be a mess in the kitchen from preparation.
But like you said the heat is outside. Food gets cooked in minutes. And literally everything tastes better off the grill.
One of the only kinds of chicken my kids will eat is grilled.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
It’s the high heat a grill produces that is the issue. Not the fuel

“Cooking meat at high temperatures produces cancer-causing chemicals called heterocyclic amines.”

What about chicken
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics