Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
HPV vaccine
Previous  1  2  3

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
A group of Orthodox Jewish healthcare providers have written in to Mishpacha Magazine following a recent Anti-Vaccine column featured in the magazine regarding the HPV vaccine.
This article, from yonoson rosenblum was from 2019, an old article Smile
I actually remember this article and all of the letters to the editors, posted here 3 years ago as well Smile

Last edited by shabbatiscoming on Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:18 pm
Elfrida wrote:
They can do. What proportion of frum women actually do pap smears according to the reccomend schedule?

Well if they’re having babies often enough they’re probably seeing their dr regularly

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:20 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Well if they’re having babies often enough they’re probably seeing their dr regularly
Going to a gyn while pregnant does not equal having a pap smear done.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:22 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

How is "if you do regular pap smears, you'll be able to have early detection of cancer cv" a logical argument against getting the vaccine that could prevent that cancer?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
I got HPV from my husband. I didn't know it at the time but was married 7 years and found out he was a s-x addict. Quite shocking from the image he portrayed.
If the cheating threads taught you anything, please have your daughters vaccinated.

And your sons. HPV causes both throat and penile cancer.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:32 pm
Every pregnancy or contraceptive visit you get a pap smear if you haven't had one in the last year (or 3 years if they are following the recommendations) which is supposed to provide early detection for what HPV vaccine is supposed to prevent.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:39 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Going to a gyn while pregnant does not equal having a pap smear done.

My dr does it at the first pregnancy exam

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:40 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
How is "if you do regular pap smears, you'll be able to have early detection of cancer cv" a logical argument against getting the vaccine that could prevent that cancer?

Omg
Where did I say that?!
I was responding to a different post - not to you
Of course get the vaccine!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My dr does it at the first pregnancy exam
Ok, maybe its different in Israel.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Every pregnancy or contraceptive visit you get a pap smear if you haven't had one in the last year (or 3 years if they are following the recommendations) which is supposed to provide early detection for what HPV vaccine is supposed to prevent.

But the pap only detects abnormalities after one is infected- it doesn’t do anything to prevent hpv
The best thing to do is prevent the risk of infection altogether (with vaccine) so that you don’t get to the point of having abnormalities at all.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 1:59 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:

Preventative treatment is the best option.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 2:01 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Preventative treatment is the best option.

This
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children