Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anxiety over personal benefit/risk (vaccine)
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:18 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
And wouldn’t you know it, today news came out of Israel linking the Pfizer vaccine with TTP. That and ITP are my biggest risks from this thing. Deciding to just stay calm about it. What’s done is done. Just daven. Ohmmm… No more stressing. Not about the vaccine or COVID or Delta or the crazy state of the world. I’m letting go and checking out of the stress. Hashem’s world, Hashem can fix it.

Please Hashem, Moshiach NOW. Like, NOW!!

Amein!
This is part of the plan. For some reason you needed to make this informed decision AND have this agmas nefesh. Let it be a kapara. But you can be done with the agmas nefesh, you don't need to perseverate over it; it's not like you get more kapara points. If there are any precautions, or monitoring you need to do, nu nu, try to do be matter of fact, it's a mitzvah of venishmartem. But nothing more, beH.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 4:49 am
What's TTP? Hashem should keep everyone healthy!

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 5:16 am
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
What's TTP? Hashem should keep everyone healthy!

https://m.jpost.com/health-sci.....71694

The OP is doing exactly what is recommended for people at risk, taking the vaccine under medical advice and continuing care under a doctor who is fully familiar with her condition. The article doesn't mention davening, but that is of no less importance.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 6:23 am
Elfrida wrote:
https://m.jpost.com/health-science/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-linked-to-rare-blood-disease-israeli-study-671694

The OP is doing exactly what is recommended for people at risk, taking the vaccine under medical advice and continuing care under a doctor who is fully familiar with her condition. The article doesn't mention davening, but that is of no less importance.

Thanks

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 6:48 am
Kiwi, do you have an instinct about which path you should take, separate and apart from your doctor's opinion?
Do you trust your instincts?

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 6:58 am
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
Kiwi, do you have an instinct about which path you should take, separate and apart from your doctor's opinion?
Do you trust your instincts?

She's already has the vaccine. It's all in Hashem's hands now

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 7:06 am
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
She's already has the vaccine. It's all in Hashem's hands now

Oops I missed that. Sorry..

imasinger

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:35 am
I will be davening for you. If you want to post or PM your Hebrew name, please do.

The worst thing about dealing with a novel virus is that there's so much that we don't know.

I read that Israel may have to reimpose restrictions because of the delta variant, because vaccination isn't entirely preventing spread where it's concerned.

It might be helpful to see (if she isn't already doing so) if your doctor can consult with colleagues there about the second dose for your unique situation, as the entire country was given Pfizer.

Hashem should give you health and strength and clarity. Please keep us posted!

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:09 am
Thanks. I can ask her, but my guess is that I should get both doses. From what she was saying, the Delta variant is more likely to cause the sort of complications that could ALSO lead to clotting issues and treatments that could spark platelet risks for me. Part of the reasoning for me to wait it out even this long was because COVID was practically gone in my area even before the vaccines came out, plus the vast majority of cases in my community were asymptomatic (only diagnosed when people needed testing for school or whatever else). My risks from COVID were considered low, and as time went on, it seemed less and less likely that I'd even be exposed to it at all. The Delta variant could potentially change everything.

It's so hard these days to know what the "right thing" is to do, about COVID or Aliyah or what safety precautions to take against exposure to potential crime even just going about your "normal life." I'm trying to just breathe lately and daven a lot. I went through about a month of crazy intense anxiety over all of this stuff (as you might recall from some of my posts on imamother in the not too distant past), and I need to chill for the sake of literally everything.

I've got work to do today and then I might do some music or something. I haven't done hobby type stuff in a while. It's probably time. Keeping my emotional state afloat feels like a full time job on its own.

I don't know why I feel embarrassed when people offer to daven for me, but my name is Naomi Leah bas Esther Nacha. I appreciate it. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics