Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 76  77  78 102  103  104  Next

Sweet Sour

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 4:34 pm
I was about 9 and we were at the sea side. I was floating happily above a huge pool tube until I wanted to return but couldn`t. The tube was pulling me further, but I was scared to leave it bc I was not a very confident swimmer. My family was not worried bc I was not very far, but it was very deep bc tide was in.

Bh someone noticed me struggling and called for help.

Tell me about your first trip taken abroad.

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 7:07 pm
simcha4 wrote:
My dh was in Meron on Lag B'Omer. One of the hadlakos he likes to watch is that of the Toldos Aharon Rebbe, shli'ta. He was standing among the crowd gathering to watch. The Rebbe had just arrived and was davening before he prepares to light. My dh suddenly looked around and saw that it was getting crowded. He remembered how sometimes his asthma is triggered in huge crowds due to lack of air. He didn't know how huge this crowd would get.
He also suddenly remembered that he hadn't yet davened at Kever Rashbi for the names I'd sent him from members on imamother. I sent the lists of names quite late.
My dh was afraid that he might (unintentionally) leave Meron w/out praying for these names.
He left the crowd gathered for the Toldos Aharon haldlakah and made his way to Kever Rashbi and davened for all the names on the list. He pronounced each name separately.
My dh finished and the T.A. Rebbe had not yet started lighting the hadlakah. My dh debated for a moment whether to stay? He felt tired and decided to start driving homeward.
He was on the way home when the horrific tragedy happened at the hadlakas Toldos Aharon!!!
He was called back to help - he works in Hatzolah and Zaka. He drove all the way back to Meron and came home the next day 1/2 hour before Shabbos started.

I have the deepest gratitude for all the I/m members who sent me names for my husband to daven for at Kever Rashbi!!! I feel in that zchus his life was saved, B'H.
May Hashem Protect all of Am Yisrael.

Tell me about when someone saved you in the nick of time from c'v possibly getting injured?

That's beautiful, simcha4. Thanks for sharing.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 7:12 pm
Sweet Sour wrote:

Tell me about your first trip taken abroad.

I was I don't know about three went to Israel I don't remember much but there are pictures of me playing with puppies.

Also simcha4 thank you for clarifying the Hebrew grammar stuff for me

Tell me about a language other than English that you speak or would like to speak and why you learned that or want to learn that

simcha4

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 8:58 pm
singleagain wrote:
I was I don't know about three went to Israel I don't remember much but there are pictures of me playing with puppies.

Also simcha4 thank you for clarifying the Hebrew grammar stuff for me

Tell me about a language other than English that you speak or would like to speak and why you learned that or want to learn that

With pleasure.

In addition to English I'm fluent in Ivrit and Yiddish. I also know a bit of French from what we learned in school. I had to learn Ivrit b/c b'H we live in Eretz Yisrael. Yiddish I learned in school and at home - we spoke to my mother in English and lhbd"l my father z"l in Yiddish.
E"Y has many different nationalities living here and tourists visit from all over the world; I love hearing the different accents and languages. In short, I like languages in general.

Tell me what you do to enhance and keep up the ruchnius (Jewish spiritual) part of you?

Ima Piano

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 4:23 pm
I try to learn sefarim on emunah and tefillah to help me strengthen myself

Tell me about your day

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 4:59 pm
I got into work about 10:30 I already had five things to do dealt with them emails invoices getting ready for the circular for next week I cannot believe it's already going to be the end of June next week More invoices a couple of phone calls and I'm about to head home now

Tell me what you do in the evening

simcha4

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 1:48 am
singleagain wrote:
I got into work about 10:30 I already had five things to do dealt with them emails invoices getting ready for the circular for next week I cannot believe it's already going to be the end of June next week More invoices a couple of phone calls and I'm about to head home now

Tell me what you do in the evening

- clean up from supper
- chat n laugh with my teenagers on the couch and
listen to Jewish music we like
- s/times marrieds pop in
- put in load of longer time laundry (like 3 hours)
- hang laundry to dry overnight
- talk to my mother abroad
- if have wedding/tenoyim/Bar Mitzvah n feeling up to it, so go
- work/job for the offices of my job that exist in America (time difference)
- play games on I/m Smile
- 3x a week listen to a live evening shiur I enjoy
- have a writing course every Wed. evening
- shower
- if Thurs. eve., finish most preps. for Shabbos
- if have appt. next morning prepare handbag, clothes, necessary papers, thus avoid hectic morning rush
- if have to, phone my children's teachers
- When in bed I talk to Hashem and thank Him and ask for His Help further

this is all I can think of on the spot. of course other things pop up too, and this list is not every evening

Tell me about 3 types of favorite cakes/cookies you enjoy baking?

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:20 am
Strawberry shortcake
Carrot cheese muffins
And crinkle cookies.

😋

Tell me what you ate this morning

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:24 am
Nothing yet any suggestions

Tell me today is going to be okay

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:07 am
It will. Because day always ends and then at the end of the night there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The sun will always rise at the end of the day. Daven to hashem. It will be good.

Tell me why I have so much to do

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:13 am
Did you either not do things yesterday or is Wednesday just a crazy day?

Tell me a fun story or a joke or something

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:21 am
No I have so much to do that im not doing anything.

Joke-.
What gets wetter and wetter while it dries?
A- a towel

simcha4

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:58 am
Ima Piano wrote:
No I have so much to do that im not doing anything.

Joke-.
What gets wetter and wetter while it dries?
A- a towel

Thanks 4 making me smile.

Re loads to do that one gets "frozen" from the burden and doesn't do: happens to me too. Try to remove from your list what's absolutely not important for today, if there is anything.
Then prioritize - write first what is crucial to get done, then less important, and less...
Then I say to myself: "now I'm folding only (eg.) laundry!" and I dash the rest of the to-do's from my mind. Finished laundry, I go to next chore, and say the same. I also do not allow myself to look around and possibly notice what needs to get done.

This is what works for me, with Hashem's Help.
Hatzlacha! Smile

Do u wanna write a - Tell me about...

dankbar

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 3:39 pm
Wow! Simcha 4 I was one of imas, that sent you a name for yeshua! Amazing hashgacha pratis! I told person that he saved someone else's life!

simcha4

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 6:31 pm
dankbar wrote:
Wow! Simcha 4 I was one of imas, that sent you a name for yeshua! Amazing hashgacha pratis! I told person that he saved someone else's life!

Yes, dear dankbar, I remember. I'm so grateful. I hope that the person whose name u sent me had a complete yeshua from Hashem Yisborach in zchus of Rashbi zt"l.

Ima Piano

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 2:49 am
Tell me about your favorite memory

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 6:21 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
Tell me about your favorite memory

One of my favorites is the birth of my first child. Amazing experience. We had a wonderful midwife who respected my desire to have no epidural or any kind of anesthesia. It took many, many hours. I was super-focused on bringing him into the world, I was on a kind of spiritual high, and I fell deliriously in love with him as I nursed him right then and there.

Tell me an interesting/yummy way to prepare cauliflower.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 6:24 pm
I love roasted cauliflower or cauliflower gratin (cauliflower, cream, some cheese, nutmeg, salt and black pepper 👌)

Tell me about the mother you thought you’d be before you got married.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 6:24 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
One of my favorites is the birth of my first child. Amazing experience. We had a wonderful midwife who respected my desire to have no epidural or any kind of anesthesia. It took many, many hours. I was super-focused on bringing him into the world, I was on a kind of spiritual high, and I fell deliriously in love with him as I nursed him right then and there.

Tell me an interesting/yummy way to prepare cauliflower.

I love your story! I had an unmedicated first birth as well.

I literally just roast cauliflower with olive oil and salt and pepper and people think it tastes amazing. So now you all know my secret. A drizzle of honey can add another something special.

Tell me about your favorite teacher.

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 7:39 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

I literally just roast cauliflower with olive oil and salt and pepper and people think it tastes amazing. So now you all know my secret. A drizzle of honey can add another something special.

covered? or uncovered? for how long? Thanks!
Page 77 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 76  77  78 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics