Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Family Vacation Antwerp / Belgium IDEAS PLEASE
Previous  1  2

LG

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:42 am
Raisin wrote:
If you have a smartphone, I just downloaded a great app called alltrails. You can see what hikes are near you anywhere in the world.

Even if nature trails are crowded people don't usually wear bikinis to go on hikes.

What an amazing resource thank you.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are planning a summer vacation in Antwerp. WE have never been, and are coming from Israel. We are a family of yeshiva bachrim and one younger daughter. Ages 7-19.
Looking for low-cost and appropriate ( no beaches...). If you know the costs of your recommendations please post. Trying to geta ballpark figure of the cost of the vacation.
Like how much is the train from Belgium to Amsterdam?
We enjoy nature, interactive museums , parks, boating, sports. OPEN TO ALL IDEAS. thank you.

Is there any reason you’re going to Antwerp specifically? It’s not exactly a vacation spot. That said, if you have to be there there are some beautiful places around like brugge, which combines nature with history.

LG

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:43 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
Watch out with this vacation brochure. She's reprinting yearly, but without updates! So it's good for ideas but you need to recheck info online.

Can you pm me a link to this brochure. I will check online.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:44 am
rainbow dash wrote:
It's called stads park. First see if you can even come cause only people that are residents or have citizenship are allowed in at the moment. It might change by the time the summer comes around.

The zoo is amazing, so is the central station
Shopping on the meir, there might even be a ferris wheel next to the station in the summer and you can see the whole of Antwerp. In the summer there is always summer activities going on. If you want to you can go to Brussels,gent. Or even paris for a day. I did that when my brother came. Lot of restaurants. Just a few weeks ago we were finally allowed to eat in them. But like I said rules change every few weeks. There r websites that show,you what to do and where to go

Belgium just opened up

LG

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:45 am
Zehava wrote:
Is there any reason you’re going to Antwerp specifically? It’s not exactly a vacation spot. That said, if you have to be there there are some beautiful places around like brugge, which combines nature with history.

Yes. Have to be there.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:46 am
LG wrote:
Can you pm me a link to this brochure. I will check online.

It's not online. It's a heimishe lady that checked it all out and printed it, but as said before, it was a few years ago.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:49 am
LG wrote:
Yes. Have to be there.

Okay then
Brugge
What’s that place called with the army stuff and caves?
Mini Europe
Amsterdam
Knokke
Ardennen
Efteling if they like amusement parks
This are all a nice car ride away

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:23 am
Just remember to check that you can even get in. The police are very strict here with Corona. Someone just got 1 year prison for coming on on fake corona documents via the airport.

And stads park isnt just a gina like in Israel. There is a playground, massive lake, walking trails and lots of green spaces.

blessedflower

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:25 am
Zehava wrote:
Okay then
Brugge
What’s that place called with the army stuff and caves?
Mini Europe
Amsterdam
Knokke
Ardennen
Efteling if they like amusement parks
This are all a nice car ride away
brugge and knokke are not for the summer. At least not with teenage boys.
You mean Dinant.
Amsterdam is a must! It's just as far as many of the other places mentioned and a lot of fun

OP what will bother your boys. I went to many outings with my dh, he didn't mind. But I have brother in laws that won't go to many places. Tourist don't walk around in bikini but yes I'm shorts and tank tops. That's everywhere also just on the street in the frum neighbourhood.

blessedflower

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:27 am
rainbow dash wrote:
Just remember to check that you can even get in. The police are very strict here with Corona. Someone just got 1 year prison for coming on on fake corona documents via the airport.

And stads park isnt just a gina like in Israel. There is a playground, massive lake, walking trails and lots of green spaces.
lake with mosquitos and bugs. Barely water and if green. It's nice for a shabbes afternoon. I wouldnt call it an outing. With little kids under 7 yes

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:30 am
https://www.google.com/search?.....dpr=2

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:42 am
blessedflower wrote:
lake with mosquitos and bugs. Barely water and if green. It's nice for a shabbes afternoon. I wouldnt call it an outing. With little kids under 7 yes

Agreed. Try the zoo though. They’re always bringing in new animals and exhibits and it’s close by. But as she mentioned there will be shorts clad tourists there as well.

SNisi

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 12:22 pm
Hi,
You can also try the following places, but google them online as I dont know what's open now.
Nachtigale, is nice park not too far from central antwerp. You can rent city bikes and its nice to bike around, it has animals, great playground and large biking areas.
Di ster-has also nice animals, more major trampoline park. (does have small beach) and boating and maybe go carts (check if they're open)
Mega Spiel Platz-is an indoor/outdoor amusement park (if you're buchrim would do that..)
Zoo is great,
There is also nice mall in Wenegchem and yes, Ardenen is great vacation place with lots of hiking areas..
There is a bowling place that is pretty local, don't recall the name (google again)

and bikes, bikes and more bikes...they have city bikes everywhere and rentals..and places on the streets for bikes so you can enjoy going everywhere

LG

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:43 pm
Hi Everyone
Thank you for all for ideas. What a fabulous resource we have here. I will try to create an itinerary out of all your input and research costs. Maybe I'll post when I am done for future reference.
So Grateful.

blessedflower

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 6:04 pm
Remember the weather is different than in Israel. It can be very warm and humid or very rainy and cold or a mix of both
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics